Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Sad news

Chas

Supporter
Garage
Country Flag
england
One of the few neighbours I know was diagnosed with liver cancer and told she had only 6 months left, just three weeks after that diagnosis she has died peacefully in her sleep, her and her husband are good friends who take in delivery parcels if I am out. :(
She was 83yrs old.

That’s a shame Chas, but 83 isn’t too bad an innings... if I may say so.

Sad indeed Chas. Liver cancer is often very quick by comparison. 83 isn’t so bad but that’s easy to say unless you’re 82 (no I don’t mean you Chas).
Live for the day is all I can think of to say.

My condolences Chas. Our neigbours can often become like family.

All to often cancer takes far too many love ones away. A hard reality to bear sadly.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Well, I,m 81 and as long as I can keep working alls well but we have lost a lot of good friends.I have just started calling on friends and we do joke about it but
that's life.

Well, I,m 81 and as long as I can keep working alls well but we have lost a lot of good friends.I have just started calling on friends and we do joke about it but
that's life.

Only 81 Pat?

Just run-in by LC standards. :lol:

that's life.
I close behind you Pat at 75.

Ahhh I'm just a youngster then at 63 ..... but lost two very good friends last year both in their late 50's - it's that 'reminder' that your lifetime is limited that makes you think that you need to do it now rather than later...

83 years old - yep a good lifespan - BUT very sad nevertheless... and makes you think about the changes she musta seen in her lifetime.... the things we take for granted that never existed when she was younger.

and makes you think about the changes she musta seen in her lifetime.... the things we take for granted that never existed when she was younger.
Many years ago I worked for a small electrical firm and the secretary told me of when as a child in the early 1900's he would run to the road to see a car run by as that was an event never happening very often. Myself I can remember seeing The Bristol Brabazon fly overhead, must have been a test flight (because it was an airliner that never actually carried any passengers) can't remember what year that was, also the De Havilland Comet (the first jet airliner, I did get to fly on one of them)

me too, but it was an RAF Nimrod, and we as apprentices to HM Gov, had a flight in one looking for submarines all round the UK coast (mostly) jolly good fun dropping bouys at 300ft and waving to fishermen :)

Back