Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

SAFARITEC`d Land Cruiser 100

SafariTecPeter

Country Flag
norway
On an unregular basis I will post some pics & information of a LC100 that we are converting.

The car will be kitted for an overland journey. Up to 4 persons in all travelling.
The car is a very late `04 with the "new" 5-speed autobox & the famouse 4.2 diesel
We have added a J8 spare wheel carrier to the back as the "original" underslung space holds a 190l sub tank.
Suspention has been remodeled from AHC to a +2" OME HD setup. Designed to take the extra weight we are adding.
All bushed in the suspention have been replaced with SUPERPRO bushes.
The car handels brillinatly now!!

Currently there is a "noname" winch upfront which is likely to be changed soon. We have two different winches to choose from @ the moment.
In the back there is a drawer system from OUTBACK (ARB) with 2 drawers. on 1 side there is a top slide.
I have added rails to the other half for flexible & secure tie-downs. The same will eventually be done to the slide.
I modded the bottom of the drawer cross slades ever so slightly & ran a 50x5mm flatbar through the U-channel, boting ot to the vehicle`s original mountig points (3-rd seat row). The carpet was left inside to get abit of sound insulation & also to keep the cars originality (for now) if the drawer system was to be remowed.
In retrospect, remowing the carpet & laying down some sound deadening (Dynamat o.s.) & covering the load bay with a sheet of marine grade ply would have been a good option too.
On the Left hand side, I have intigrated an OPTIMA Yellow battery fed from the engine bay through a National Luna relay. The display is fitted to the centre console.
1 Aux fuse box is added, I recon anothewr one is to come eventually.
On the right hand side of the drawer sustem, I have installed a Shurflo Classic fresh water pump. The pump draws ffrom a FrontRunner 42l tank fitted in the footwell of the 2.nd row. Hose is ran underneight the seat in a stainless steel square tube. For clean water, a SEAGUL filter has been fitted. Water is drawn through a retractable shower head.
Both battery & water plant are fitted to respective "skids" so that can, for now, easily be remowed if needed.

When I remowed the AHC pump, I remodeled the pump sub frame to hold an ARB compressor.
Front & back ARB will be fitted soon. Off course there is also a service air outlet. We opted not to fit an air tank.
I remowed the AHC switch panel & fitted the 3 ARB Carling style switches for the compressor & lockers.

In the past a Safari Snorkel had been added. I have also extended all breather pipes (individually) from axles & gear boxes to go all the way into the snorkel. I recon we will be safe to go wading...

As the LC is also a daily drive, it is currently running original Toyo 18" rims with 265`s
For the overland setup, I have got 6,5x 16" steels which will be wrapped with 255/85 BFG MT KM2

Yeah, I know the "eversofamouse" crave for pics had to come :p
I am not a big photographer & having changed around phone & laptops lately, I don`t have that much with me.
But I have some pics...
IMG_20160531_214708.jpg
Comming back from Bad Kissingen in May. Had thrown togehther some kit.
The RTT came off my Range Rover & the Fiama we had knocking about.
IMG_20160728_104741.jpg

Seagul IV with Shurflo Classic. Wood will eventually be varnished.

Last edited:
A bigger awning was in order.
Especially as one wanted one that could be "enclosed"
I bought a 2,5m FrontRunner Awning with moskito net side walls.
Here is a pic where we trail fitted the awning to my mates LC100
IMG_20160819_195155.jpg
The observant reader MAY notice "something".....
IMG_20160819_195754.jpg
Trailfitting so that the "Indoor boss" can get a better understanding. Only loosely fitted, awning should sit further forward..... me think..

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I have the Ctek d250s and the smartpass, which come in that kit, but I got them separately
They seem to do the job well and my solar panels connect straight into the D250s since it has a solar regulator.
The only thing I don't have in that kit is the monitor gauge since I now about them, I have a national Luna one,

Hi Andy!

I have experience in the past with the same unit, Ctek d250S
Have used it offroad & it held up OK.
As I too have the National Luna dual battery monitor, so in many ways the display from the 100A would/could be considered surplus to requirements.

I will look at prices again & see if the price for the 100A can be justified.

Appreciate the feedback :)

SOOO looking forward to this :)
It will turn out real sweet
IMG_8801.JPG

Car went into paint Tuesday :)
Tickets booked to pick her up

Need some thoughts on this
http://www.ctek.com/gb/en/chargers/100A OFF ROAD

Is it worth the asking price?
The asking price varies a lot. I just got the kit from Roadpro in the UK after doing a lot of research. The Smartpass does help boost the charging. There has been a bit of talk about the solar algorithm not being as efficient as it could be but I have an efficient panel. I've not seen many forum posts of people unhappy with this setup. The monitor is in fact a Nasa Marine Battery Monitor BM-1 Compact [UK company] which you could probably source separately. Not much extra to it besides putting it all in one box.

Hi Simon!
Basically; Your last sentance sums it up very well.
FOR NOW-> the solar panel question has been resting as other challenges have to be sorted. Nothing mayor but it takes time away from other stuff. Besides; Te weather does not promote messing aroudn with solar panels right now :grin:

So, getting back to the build; I picked it up again late september & did a nice tour with it.
If anyone on here by chance visited the "Adventure-Northside" show out of Walsrode, I was there from Friday to Saturday. Could not have missed me with the load I had........;)
A few pics from the build as it stands today will follow very shortly

IMG_9215.JPG

Ready to roll
The tob box is off course detachable & currently holds a 255/85R16 spare wheel & a gas bittle holder.
Still plenty of room to spare
There are Airline rails all around on the top rear "free" space
A ladder will be added to the upper rear tail gate once I get around to it.

Back