Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Sage 50

Graham

Garage
Country Flag
uk
Hi all, who was it was chatting about Sage a few months ago?

I am trying to obtain a working copy.

Gra.

As on Sage the accounting package? Try cloud options like xero or freeagent. If it's a business books you want to keep track of they are brilliant. Sync with your bank, file vat with hmrc etcetera. Lots of time saving.

I currently pay for xero but switching to freeagent soonish.

Hi Crispin,
Thanks the which reply.
Afraid it has to be Sage 50.
I hear there are as good or better, but Sage 50 is the only package that can be used in this case.
As a make do, Sage Instant would suffice for a few months .

So if anyone has a working disc ?

Any help gladly appreciated.

PM if preferred.

Gra.

If you need Sage, you need Sage. Sorry, I've only got an old version on disk.

+1 for Xero. Why the change Crispin?

Hello Graham

we use Sage but unfortunately they dont send discs out now its all over tinternet by logging in etc.

Hi Joe,
So even for a stand alone, on a PC at home, still no disc?

Gra.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Not sure if you can buy it stand alone, we have run sage for years and when we had a problem and the disc was long gone, it was all downloaded through sage and each year we get a download if there is one to do.

If you need Sage, you need Sage. Sorry, I've only got an old version on disk.

+1 for Xero. Why the change Crispin?

The accountants I am changing to use it and offer it free as part of their package. Saves me £25ish a month :)
From a number of accountants I have spoken to and use FreeAgent - FreeAgent is better for people like me (small "consultancy" firms) It does what I need it to and a bit more. Xero is a monster (albeit very easy to use and brilliant bit of work).
I just prefer free :)
edit:
I say free, it's not - it's £12-15 IIRC for usage but the accountants include it for me for free.

I'll bear that in mind Crispin thanks. We love Xero, if Xero is a monster then Mammot (that took over from MYOB) is a dinosaur. We were so glad to change over to Xero, more like MYOB in some ways but far better and easier to use. Our accountant loves it and has even got a few others using it now.

Probably too awkward to migrate to another package just now.

If I could get this copy of Sage 50 working, that would be great.

It loads up, but then brings up a dialogue box, saying, something like, this data was last saved using a newer version, and prompts for additional download.
The download does not then let Sage 50 run.
The copy I have, was downloaded from internet t o r r e n t site, with a code,

Gra.

Absolutely no good right now but, I freelance taught Sage for the business school in Barking College in Essex years ago, and absolutely f...ffff..flipping hated it!

So many more better options out there without the bloatware!

regards

Dave

Back