Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Salisbury Plain (Again)

I doubt if you'll want to do Corwen car wash and Strata on the same day, too many road miles in between ;) You'll need to decide which lane or lanes you definately want to do and then choose a route based on that. E.g. Corwen car wash = north Wales, Strata = mid, Happy Valley = somewhere in between. I've done Happy Valley & Strata on the same day but it's quite a drive.

For those of us who have not done any, have mostly road going vehicles, which is best. :?: (Don't want dust-road driving either). Don't want million miles between lanes either :snooty:

:dance: Sweeeet. If the carwash is on the agenda then I'll be there. :dance: :dance:

Hmmmm......

Hopefully my visa will come thru by then and I can be back in the UK.
Fingers crossed......if it does work out I am DEFINATELY in!!!!

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Jon,

is it feasibile to do Happy Valley and the north wales lanes (corwen) in the same day?

Happy Valley is my favorite green lane which I have done so far in Wales, people tend to go quiet on the Radio during this lane :mrgreen:

Strata is nice and a fair length, the steps on Sarn Helen were also good, but I think Sarn Helen is closed now.

Paul H gave me a route that went through a Farmers Barn which foxed me for a while but was the correct route.

Wales is fantastic overall, you guys will love it :thumbup:

Tommo&Claire said:
Jon,

is it feasibile to do Happy Valley and the north wales lanes (corwen) in the same day?
I would say yes but its a good hour or so drive from the Happy Valley area to the Corwen Carwash... Mike & I declined it on the way back from our day out a few weeks back with Jim :cry:

I notice the dates shifted to the 29th... Still can't make that - driving back from Devon that day!!! You guys know how to plan me out of these things :cry:

I've just realised there's two planning threads going on here...

Wales Byways

AND I CAN'T MAKE EITHER OF THEM!!!!!

Tommo&Claire said:
Jon,

it's possible but given that you'll have a long drive to get to one end of the route, a long drive in the middle and a long drive back again I wouldn't say it makes much sense. If you were camping somewhere nearby then maybe it would work better. There are plenty of good lanes much closer to Happy Valley though so I would just choose an area. For the 14th I'm thinking a few I know on the way to HV, a few more in the immediate vicinity then drop down round nant-y-moch.

Essentially mate, you're leading so it's your call!

I'll follow wherever frankly.

If you say Happy Valley is good then I'll opt for that.

Tommo - are you not doing Jon's trip the 14th? Ok for a repeat to HV on the 29th?

Jon - if you have some pointers or an overlay for anything around Happy Valley I'm all ears. I'll start a new thread though.

I will be planning the route some time next week, possibly Friday :roll: , probably starting with the lane @ SN8356595950 and seeing who likes side slopes :lol: although there are a couple of water splash's we tend to do on the way just outside Craven Arms as we're passing :D :mrgreen: Plenty of time to polish it and pass it on for your trip ;)

Thanks!

I'll stick another thread up.

Now to work out what SN8356595950 is ....... :oops:

Where did I put my books :mrgreen:

Crispin said:
Thanks!

I'll stick another thread up.

Now to work out what SN8356595950 is ....... :oops:

Where did I put my books :mrgreen:

Well Google didn't throw up what SN8356595950 is either ?

Graham

Hi Jon,

Wow,

I am just reading through it, trying to understand, and get my head around it.
It is confusing,,,, :o

Graham

Back