Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Salisbury Plain - Easter Monday.

Lorin said:
Is Monday at Salisbury plain still on? If so, any chance we could join up?

sure :)

we meeting at 9 again for a quick bacon roll. probably leave around 10.

erk :shock:

Tommo said that there is a closed section but enough was open to have some fun. Maybe an update?
You coming?

Crispin said:
You coming?

You talking to me? :twisted: Yes, I am planning on being there, not too sure whether I have to drag any family members along yet... Bought some boerie and biltong today, so I'm all set!

Have you got a SWR meter? If so, can you bring it along please? I have a new antenna which I haven't really tried yet - it didn't work wonderfully when I first tried it so might need some adjustment.

Cool. What time you coming? Meet on the M3 somewhere? I think I was on there around 7:30ish last time. Ingat should be along there too, Tony and myself will be driving along.

I'll bring the SWR meter with.

Phew, not sure I'll be that eager. I'll aim to get there around 9:30ish, a bit earlier if traffic allows.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Andrew Prince said:
Phew, not sure I'll be that eager. I'll aim to get there around 9:30ish, a bit earlier if traffic allows.
Cooking boerie rolls for breakfast :twisted:

Ranges clear so far!!

I'll be there but depending on how far i get with squealing bearing and the damage a received from my imporomptu rescue mission, i may well ride along with Les or anyone else who may take pity!

I am hoping to be there just got to get permission from the boss, :D :cool:

Steve

I will be along to. Green car was a bit of over kill last trip so am going to give the red one an outing.

Ian

I did have a ton of biltong and the like to bring along, but it seems to have disappeared all by itself :oops:
Found something better too, i think they are called stokkies, fantastic eating :D

Got some of that thin sausage too ;)

Yup, stokkies are the thin dry biltong. Also called chilli-bites.

Stokkies=sticks.

I have a kilo of the thin boerie as well as the normal biltong and droe-wors. Managed not to eat it this time. :cool:
Well, some :oops:

Finally got my act together, is it all right if I come along

run those bearings in gently Julian, the front doesn't have a great oil capacity and they will make extra heat to begin with, by gently I mean speed and duration of it, not so much the load, so don't hop on the motorway and sit doing 70 for half an hour without giving them some slower shorter runs and a chance to cool first ;) Stick your hand on the diff after a run to check how it's doing, should be warm not ouch.

Sorry for the hijack!

Thanks Jon, Will do, I have managed doing some shorter runs tonight and I will split the journey up in the AM

Well what a day, the comments i have made about LR reliability have come back to bite me in the arse as the 80 is now poorly.
On the drive back some lights on the dash flickered and then stayed on (timing belt, turbo, low charge, water in fuel etc) but everything working ok. Stopped and checked the alternator connections and they are good, in fact, all nicely greased up due to the previous owner i think.
Any suggestions? I am searching the archives right now.

By the way, i have made it home ok, thanks for the PM's.

The searches are showing up a faulty alternator.

If anyone ever gets stuck on the plain I'm only about 30mins away with a super car removal tool :)

an MB Trac 800 Old but will not get stuck, trust me.... I'll try post a pic of it on here

Dave

Back