Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Salisbury Plain - Easter Monday.

Crispin said:
The marshal intercepted Tony, who stopped, while Andrew sped away now that he was back in high range. Apparently the marshal was very polite and friendly, asked us to leave and explained why.

What did the marshal say? did he give any clarification on the lane that we use going that way. Is the hard surface the official route or is that a road that was built later and the track is still the by-way?

Crispin said:
For those interested:
The picture of me with Ian, Tommo and Les on the sides and rear was as I was driving through mud. They did not want to get their shoes muddy so I gave them a lift. That is all, nothing more to see here, move along.

Mums the word Crispin ;)

Steve

BlackWidow said:
What did the marshal say? did he give any clarification on the lane that we use going that way. Is the hard surface the official route or is that a road that was built later and the track is still the by-way?

Basically he explained that the tank bit we were on was private property (MOD) and that we actually needed permission to be there, and that it is demarcated by signs (which we ignored). He then also when on to explain that 3 weeks previously there was a organised event (MSI... I think) and that there was a accident in which someone died.

He also informed me that he is supposed to take number plates and report people but basically because I stopped and was not giving it large, he told me to move on (and get the rest of the crowd to do the same) and all he would say was that we got away. Very nice chap and actually thanked me for stopping :shock:

As for the lane and the hard surface he never said anything.

TonyP said:
BlackWidow said:

He also informed me that he is supposed to take number plates and report people but basically because I stopped and was not giving it large, he told me to move on (and get the rest of the crowd to do the same) and all he would say was that we got away. Very nice chap and actually thanked me for stopping :shock:

As for the lane and the hard surface he never said anything.

Thanks for that Tony, I am now thinking that we may need to organise a 'ramble' and retrieve the lost number plates. :oops:

Steve

Jon Wildsmith said:
BlackWidow said:
Jon I think we kept Julian's new diff nice and cool ;) :D

Did you give him chance to use the locker though? :lol:

Jon to be honest no didn't get to try locking the front one, only used the rear one once
Was a good day and I think you would have enjoy the last lane we went through
I did clean up the factory breather pipe and it was fully operational, on reflection I think I should bring forward the planned running in oil change and re-engineer the whole breather system

Hi guys,
Well looks like you all had a shed load of fun,

I would have like to go, but I was on a big silver bird to China.
Good on you all.

As far as the 120 series, They are really arequite capable.
Wit the rear diff locked, and the center locked, my 120 has surprised me.

Graham

Was a cracking day - thanks for organising it.

Some pictures.....

DSC00913.jpg

DSC00914.jpg

DSC00915.jpg

DSC00916.jpg

DSC00895.jpg

DSC00900.jpg

DSC00901.jpg

DSC00906.jpg

DSC00892.jpg

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Oh yes......i like them :D

Crispin said:
For those interested:
The picture of me with Ian, Tommo and Les on the sides and rear was as I was driving through mud. They did not want to get their shoes muddy so I gave them a lift. That is all, nothing more to see here, move along.

Someone is telling porky pies me thinks.

The 120s really amaze me with what they are capable of. Crispin went up a very steep bit of track where you are guaranteed to get two corners off the floor and made it look a breeze, whereas both Tommo and I have done it in the past with a lot more effort involved.

Crispin

I just need to send you the videos now. You can edit the tow rope out if you want but we know what happened :twisted:

I'll edit this post so that it is factually correct :twisted:
There was no tow rope. It was a bar that I was using to push you free. Had some twists in it but it was a bar!!!

Les, I'd be interested in seeing that video you took of me coming up that steep bit....

Just been chatting to a mate of mine that does comp safari and the story about the guy being killed during an event is quite true. It was part of the offroad championships.

Paul said:
Just been chatting to a mate of mine that does comp safari and the story about the guy being killed during an event is quite true. It was part of the offroad championships.

I have no doubt that could happen. If you lost it coming down there, it could be a very rough ride coming down. Still, it's a pity it gets banned because of one. Just the other day a guy died on the M25. It was reopened a few hours later...

Hi

Great day it was. Was good to meet everyone and put faces to names :D

Couple of vids from yesterday:

Lorin:
[youtube:3a284mx2]Pt6Hli-HMO8[/youtube:3a284mx2]

Julian:
[youtube:3a284mx2]8AA-H-g8lBU[/youtube:3a284mx2]

Steve:
[youtube:3a284mx2]hmvNmIhoaek[/youtube:3a284mx2]

got some pics i will post as soon as i have a moment

cheers

BlackWidow said:
Buy the way guys that lane we did in the afternoon is a good one just need a brave soul.........Ian.......to drive the last two splashes to test the depth :lol: :lol: .

Steve

I logged our afternoon session on my phone. If anyone is interested in the KML or GPX files :D

Or google maps :D

TonyP said:
Les, I'd be interested in seeing that video you took of me coming up that steep bit....

Sorry Tony

I got Crispin coming up it but screwed up with the camera doing your ascent.

I also messed up the ford as the camera was telling me the battery was alomost done and didn't video any of it.

In my defence I do have some good footage from the muddy bits.

Cheers for putting that video on Ignat. Is great to see the truck in action. Very impressed!

Thanks guys had a wicked day yesterday. Crispin, thanks for inviting me along, and letting me drive your car down the tank track, bit white knuckle half way down but got there without damaging your cruiser.

I am slowly sweet talking the missus into changing my civic for a land cruiser. Tony, your idea of telling her its a great family car actually worked as it seemed to sway her quite a bit!!

Hopefully there will be space for me to come along next time as I can honestly say I am hooked now!!

Thanks for putting the vids up Ignat, it is great to see the truck going through her paces.

Steve

Chris Mann said:
I am slowly sweet talking the missus into changing my civic for a land cruiser. Tony, your idea of telling her its a great family car actually worked as it seemed to sway her quite a bit!!

:D :D :D

Back