Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Salisbury plain not the best day out

stumog

Country Flag
england

So I went to Salisbury plain yesterday with some people I didn’t know.

I would say I will not be going out with them again, all nice people but don’t stay on byways so I left them to it and went off on my own so not many pictures sorry.

I have been to the plains so many times and found things this time I have never seen before.

Not many pictures but I have only just found out how to resize photos so I will start off with this and see how I get on then I will post some of Mozambique if this goes to plan.

Cheers stu

IMG_3073.JPG

IMG_3077.JPG

IMG_3078.JPG

IMG_3081.JPG
IMG_3084.JPG

Been laning with people like that before and did the same, left them to it and did my own thing

Is that someone swimming in the water or did they need a snorkel?!

Unfortunately it seems to be an increasing occurrence on and around the Plain these days, in tandem with tearing up the existing tracks.

It means my trips are becoming very limited...getting hard to justify keeping the 100 for a couple of weekenders a year. :(

The guy that went in the water hole after me lost a rear spring of his very well prepared disco. So another chap went in looking for it.

It took 3 hrs to travel 60 miles with all the breakdowns and people getting lost.

I had a good day on my own once i left.came across 2 110 that get rented out and the owner was shocked when i pulled out tools to help him fix his truck.....

I am trying to sort out mapping and tablet then i will put some trips on as i am bored need to get out more.

Atu

unfortunately, it's the kind of behaviour that will ultimately get us all banned from all unsurfaced rights of way, here and abroad.

Also, on the plains, it can lead to your vehicle being confiscated.

You did right to leave them to it:thumbup::thumbup:

I tried to tell tgem but they were not interested. Chap on a bike stopped told them the same thing they just said he was a jobs worth. Time to go.

The chap on a bike also said they now have hidden cameras on the plain so you just get a letter to appear in court.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Same thing happens on the lanes in Derbyshire. Noticed some evidence of it a couple of weeks ago over Houndkirk road where drivers had been off-piste, chewing up areas of peat and heather. I'm sure some areas adjacent to that track are SSSI's with BIG fines and worse for anyone caught in the act.

it's time they started making examples of people I think. deal with the individuals instead of banning everyone

Back