Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

'' Salut!'' from Romanian new member

CruiserMania

Country Flag
romania
My name is Cristian, I own a LandCruiser HDJ 100, 5 speed auto.
I am in the process of gaining more power from 1hdfte from my car, list of mods are: VNT GTurbo BadBoy Specs, front mount larger intercooler and upgraded intake pipes, 3'' straight exhaust, Unichip Q+
Currently the Cruiser is my daily driven, shopping cart, baby car, etc but I intend to have a family allrounder from it.
4x4 Experience: relevant, more than 12 years involved in local offroad moovement. Local and international expeditions, involved in offroad motorsport as competitor or contests organiser

Hey, welcome aboard Cris, whereabouts are you?

Your truck sounds interesting, any chance of some photos?

My name is Cristian, I own a LandCruiser HDJ 100, 5 speed auto.
I am in the process of gaining more power from 1hdfte from my car, list of mods are: VNT GTurbo BadBoy Specs, front mount larger intercooler and upgraded intake pipes, 3'' straight exhaust, Unichip Q+
Currently the Cruiser is my daily driven, shopping cart, baby car, etc but I intend to have a family allrounder from it.
4x4 Experience: relevant, more than 12 years involved in local offroad moovement. Local and international expeditions, involved in offroad motorsport as competitor or contests organiser

Hi Clive, usualy I can be found in and around Bucharest.
Here are some photos!
I have answer late because I realise that I have no photo with the car in its normal state....only during different upgrades.

20180119_110937[1].jpg 20180119_111138[1].jpg 20180119_111157[1].jpg 20180119_111721[1].jpg 20180119_111237[1].jpg

Nice looking truck there, I’ll keep an eye open for it.

Like the number, it’s a pity you couldn’t get 100 TOY, but I suppose Ilfov may not be up to 3 digit numbers yet, like Bucharest is.

I’m trying to recognize the streets from the photos, in what Sector are they taken? I’m only being nosey, we live in an apartment in Sector 1, I work in an office in Sector 4 and we spend most weekends at our house in Comarnic.

It would be nice if we can meet at some stage.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Nice looking truck there, I’ll keep an eye open for it.

Like the number, it’s a pity you couldn’t get 100 TOY, but I suppose Ilfov may not be up to 3 digit numbers yet, like Bucharest is.

I’m trying to recognize the streets from the photos, in what Sector are they taken? I’m only being nosey, we live in an apartment in Sector 1, I work in an office in Sector 4 and we spend most weekends at our house in Comarnic.

It would be nice if we can meet at some stage.

:)))
Mosilor-Foisorul de Foc area, Calusei Street.
It would be my pleasure to have a chat around our prides and joys! You have to know that I am a previous owner of FZJ80, HZJ80 and turboed HZJ80 also.....I really can not give up to LCs

20140208_133828.jpg 20140208_135156.jpg

:)))
Mosilor-Foisorul de Foc area, Calusei Street.
It would be my pleasure to have a chat around our prides and joys! You have to know that I am a previous owner of FZJ80, HZJ80 and turboed HZJ80 also.....I really can not give up to LCs

View attachment 139267 View attachment 139268

Ooooh, nice photos of the 80!

Are those 15” rims, they look like... and 75 or 80 profile tyres, I’m guessing?

The previous owner of my HZJ80 (English guy) lived in a street off Mosilor, at the end furthest from Piaza Obor.

I’m thinking of fitting a turbo to mine this year, maybe. Did you fit yours, or was it already fitted when you got it? I’m interested whether it gave you (or the engine more like) any problems.

I’ve heard so many stories... some not so good.

Ooooh, nice photos of the 80!

Are those 15” rims, they look like... and 75 or 80 profile tyres, I’m guessing?

The previous owner of my HZJ80 (English guy) lived in a street off Mosilor, at the end furthest from Piaza Obor.

I’m thinking of fitting a turbo to mine this year, maybe. Did you fit yours, or was it already fitted when you got it? I’m interested whether it gave you (or the engine more like) any problems.

I’ve heard so many stories... some not so good.

15" wheels, 10" width with external bedlocks, 35's by 12.5 tyres BFGoodrich MT. I remember that only some 1hz axles support 15" diameter wheels without spacers.

I have turboed myself and I advice to do yourself a favor and get a decent turbo for your 1hz engine. It is not the turbo that kills the engine but heat produced from a bad setup turbo system.
And except for a decent turbo I recommend to get the best IP and injector that your budget alow. Otherwise....it is a nonsense to turbo the 1hz engine with his genuine IP.
For example my car has 305.000 km when I turboed and now has 365.000 and NO PROBLEM watsoever.

15" wheels, 10" width with external bedlocks, 35's by 12.5 tyres BFGoodrich MT. I remember that only some 1hz axles support 15" diameter wheels without spacers.

I have turboed myself and I advice to do yourself a favor and get a decent turbo for your 1hz engine. It is not the turbo that kills the engine but heat produced from a bad setup turbo system.
And except for a decent turbo I recommend to get the best IP and injector that your budget alow. Otherwise....it is a nonsense to turbo the 1hz engine with his genuine IP.
For example my car has 305.000 km when I turboed and now has 365.000 and NO PROBLEM watsoever.

Thanks for your reply and opinions.

I’m running 16” x 10” rims (just modular) and when I tried some borrowed 15”, they were way too close to the brake calipers, less than 1mm, mine’s a ‘95 so has the later bigger discs.

I’m at 410.000 km just now so I’m a bit concerned to overload the old girl too much.

Do you know the guys at GTC Popesti Leordeni? They’ve offered to get all the parts and to fit a turbo for me, he did his own 2 years ago with no problems since.

If you have any 80 specific parts for sale I’d like first offer if I may :thumbup:

Of course I now them. Actually I will meet Razvan tomorrow , there is this barbecue winter meeting with all 4x4 enthusiasts around Bucharest. Would you like to join us tomorrow, from 9.30 AM?
And Alex is taking care of my TOY's. Also the red turboed 80's from the picture above is still serviced at GTC.
But when it comes to this upgrade is better for you to choose and outsource the parts and let them doo the dirty job.

Of course I now them. Actually I will meet Razvan tomorrow , there is this barbecue winter meeting with all 4x4 enthusiasts around Bucharest. Would you like to join us tomorrow, from 9.30 AM?
And Alex is taking care of my TOY's. Also the red turboed 80's from the picture above is still serviced at GTC.
But when it comes to this upgrade is better for you to choose and outsource the parts and let them doo the dirty job.

Yep, that’s the plan really, it’s the second-hand parts I have a problem sourcing. They’ll look after them. It’s still a maybe at the moment.

I missed this post last night, but its bit busy at home this morning to meet up (now), shame.

Back