Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

sat nav disc removal

Seagull-russ

Country Flag
uk
hey all.
is there anyway to remove the disc from the unit. im pushing the slider but nothing is happening and its leaving my screen stuck on the I agree button , unable to access menu but can still access climate, audio, maintenance screens

hey all.
is there anyway to remove the disc from the unit. im pushing the slider but nothing is happening and its leaving my screen stuck on the I agree button , unable to access menu but can still access climate, audio, maintenance screens
The instructions say under drivers seat 1. take off the cover of nav unit
2. hold the push button and slide to the left to eject disk . if its just the screen that has frozen you can disconnect the car battery for a few minutes to reset it , but you will have to reset sun roof and all windows as well .
regards Tony

hi tony
the screen only freezes on the I agree part, I can select other options but if I try going to menu/destination or nav buttons its just returns to that frozen part.
regarding the disc, it just does nothing when slide the button. radio on or off. I did swap batteries late last year but the problem was occurring before then.

hi tony
the screen only freezes on the I agree part, I can select other options but if I try going to menu/destination or nav buttons its just returns to that frozen part.
regarding the disc, it just does nothing when slide the button. radio on or off. I did swap batteries late last year but the problem was occurring before then.
Is your car an Lc4 or Lc5 the instructions I have are for Lc5 and late invincible models .

its an lc5. I have changed the disc before shortly after getting the vehicle just not touched it since.

its an lc5. I have changed the disc before shortly after getting the vehicle just not touched it since.
It seems like your disc must be stuck in the drive of the unit , I would try disconnecting battery for a few mins then try under the unit drivers seat after reconnecting battery . I have had mine out a when I got latest disk with no probs , I hope you manage to solve it .

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
thanks, silly question but I assume the acc key shud be switched on, or will it still work with ignition all off?

thanks, silly question but I assume the acc key shud be switched on, or will it still work with ignition all off?
To be honest I can't remember if I had the key in or engine running , the owners book don't mention anything about leaving key in, but I would try all angles even with engine running as the last resort . Try without key in first .
good luck

To be honest I can't remember if I had the key in or engine running , the owners book don't mention anything about leaving key in, but I would try all angles even with engine running as the last resort . Try without key in first .
good luck
Hi
I took disk out today , I did it with engine running , you have to pull and hold switch to the left for about 10 seconds before disk starts to come out . when you put it back lock it in by pulling switch to the right .
regards Tony

hi tony

I will try holding longer as I guess only about 5 secs im pushing the button down.

cheers

Back