Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Saturday 18th December laning in Wales

I found a picture of the lane I thought we should skip with things being a bit slippy :mrgreen: nothing to it without snow but it's quite a long way down so imagine sliding backwards out of control on that :pray:

IMG_1539.JPG

Well jon.
I think you made the right choice with that one.Whtat do you think cris? I think if any of us had made a wrong move on there it would have been game over :shock:
karl

Def!!!!!

Had enough slippy slidey backwards over the edge to last a VERY long time thnak you.

Chris

Thats what i thought. If it had been that steep i dont think we would have had a very nice ending to the pull :(

karl wester said:
Come on then Jon when's the next trip?
My name defo on the list please.
Time to open another post me thinks :pray: :D
How about weekend after next (8&9th), camp friday and saturday night, where do you want to go?

Sounds very very very very good to me. Im up for anywhere jon.

Wanting to test the air top out? :think:

Best get my camping gear ready.

Im on the list please :dance:

Any ideas mate on where you fancy?

Thanks karl :thumbup:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
How about the Lake District or is that further than you want to go?

id be up for another laning trip, and have never done the lakes before. :thumbup:

The lakes would be great for me if were going for the weekend?

What area is it jon?

Thanks karl

Hi,

The Lakes sounds good. If I am mobile by then I would interested.

cheers

karl wester said:
The lakes would be great for me if were going for the weekend?
Yes, it would be friday evening till sunday evening for it to work.

karl wester said:
What area is it jon?
North of England mate, just before you get to Scotland :mrgreen: about junction 38 or so. The catch is there's only room for 3 vehicles where I stop and also it's not a very shiney friendly route though that's mostly just lost side steps or bashed undercarriages. It's not 'extreme' but it's not a walk in the park. If someone knows of an open camp site(s) then there can be two groups again but no more than 4 each.

Alternative is to have another go at getting you to Happy Valley but that's going to involve going over some of the same lanes again as last time and I thought you might be getting bored of that but I'm not fussed, as I said to you last time I just like to be out and about :thumbup:

BTW I'm not ignoring the rest of you but Karl has 1st dibs because he was the one asking / pestering :lol:

I'll put my name down for that one then please if it's Lakes. I fancy a run at those steps! Any room in Group one? :lol:

Should we be starting a new thread on this escapade?

Chris

(loading the car already)

Jon Wildsmith said:
BTW I'm not ignoring the rest of you but Karl has 1st dibs because he was the one asking / pestering :lol:

Me,Pestering! NEVER. I Call it asking over and over again :D :lol: :mrgreen:

Im Easy, As you said jon,i just like being out and about. The lakes sound fun. The lanes you talk about sound good as we love some of them around derbyshire that are demanding.

Looks like abit of interest again. As for the camp. Im sure we can find somewhere easy enough. We usally find a nice car park.

Leave the choice to you jon. I dont mind wales if it means more can get the chance to come.

Carnt wait already

karl

That is a yes for me too :) If I loose the sidesteps then it will kick my arse into making some new ones

I didn't think there'd be much interest in the lakes this time of year what with the weather and the cost :shock: The only camping spots I know will only fit 3 trucks, maybe 4 if no one is using a ground tent. To be able to have a 2nd group someone else needs to lead/navigate and we'd have to identify somewhere else to camp and driving around looking for a car park isn't really what I had in mind! Sensible suggestions please, like wait till camp sites are open later in the year or only have 1 group of 4 or ... I shall be out laning that weekend whatever.

Back