Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Saudi Arabia advice

TonyFJ45

Country Flag
south_africa
I'm moving shortly to Saudi Arabia. Evidently one has to be a Saudi citizen to purchased a pickup. And as a single person I've read one cannot purchase a large vehicle? Can these be correct? I'd like to get either a series 70 double cab or 5 door wagon.

Thanks for the help!

I'm moving shortly to Saudi Arabia. Evidently one has to be a Saudi citizen to purchased a pickup. And as a single person I've read one cannot purchase a large vehicle? Can these be correct? I'd like to get either a series 70 double cab or 5 door wagon.

Thanks for the help!
I just did a Google search, 'buying a car in Saudi Arabia', It's easy to find out everything you need to know on this web site below.:thumbup:

https://www.expatarrivals.com/middle-east/saudi-arabia/buying-car-saudi-arabia

This is just an extract. Hope it helps :)

Buying a car in Saudi Arabia may be unlike any other car buying experience in the world.

Anyone can own a standard sedan or hatchback, but only families can own vehicles that hold more than five passengers, like SUVs. Pick-up trucks are considered commercial vehicles and are reserved for Saudi nationals.

But the rules aren’t always clear, can depend on the mood of an individual official, and may be bent for those with enough wasta (clout).

Before getting to the logistics of purchasing a vehicle, expats should become familiar with several terms:

• Istimarah: A laminated card that contains the owner’s name and the vehicle’s licence and registration details. The Istimarah should always be kept in the vehicle and needs to be renewed every three years.
  • Fahs: This is the inspection that proves the car is roadworthy. Proof usually comes in the form of a round sticker on the windshield.

• Al Morot: Saudi traffic police. Expats doing their own paperwork when buying a car will become well acquainted with their local traffic police station.

• Exhibition: Another name for car dealerships.
Good Luck, I think you'll need it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back