Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Scotland here we come; wait a second, that's not a Cruiser...

Chris

Super Moderator
Supporter
Garage
Country Flag
great_britain
Before you say anything, yes it is a Landcruiser, because I say it is. Well it will be when I find a Cruiser decal to stick on it somewhere. Maybe one of those "My other motorbike is two Landcruisers" or something equally cheesy. Two Landcruisers? Obviously I mean one. :eusa-shhh: :think:

So, we're off in the morning. We can't use motorways because I still have to gain my Mod 2 test which is next Wednesday. But it's all legal, paid for and fuelled up. Only had a little trundle on it so far but it feels fantastic. Bags of torque and needs only a light touch to make it go. We're only camping one night and the rest in motels. This of course means taking loads of clobber for one night. Weather forecast is horrendous for the entire week. Hurrah.

Screen Shot 2017-10-11 at 18.22.50.jpg

CJ, this is the Landcruiser OWNERS club.
As you qualify with the aforementioned marque, I'd feel free to post whatever you like.
We demand it.
:whistle::whistle:

Nice choice Chris, I expect to see pics of it covered in mud whilst you recover a lamerover or two

ah i've been waiting for this post - nice bike Chris, very nice.

Have a fantastic time. Photos are, obviously compulsory, preferably as you go around but i'm sure we can wait till you get back if need be.

N

Ahh haa Lazz. Hoist by my my own petard I think.

Can't wait to open it up on some good roads.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Phew!!! Nice one Chris! For one awful moment there I thought it was a BMW :lol: Good to see you're getting onboard with the low emissions initiative and leaving the smokey old oil burner at home. Some cracking biking roads up there. I could say try this route of go that way but the joy will undoubtably be 'exploring' for yourself...he he. Shite weather for your first biking trip is compulsory by the way, sort of a baptism. Have fun and safe riding:thumbup:

Cheers fella. I’ll do my best to ‘Triumph’

Nice one! I see you’ve got a measure battery strapped to the back already, when are you getting a RTT to fit on it, Chris?

Have a great trip, brave man!

Have a good trip

We were going to head to west coast camping this weekend, but the shitey weather forecast has put me off

Good luck and hope it's a good trip.

I can't get enthusiastic I'm afraid, I've never liked motorbikes, not enough wheels you see, it's just not right!
:auto-sportbike:

Good luck and hope it's a good trip.

I can't get enthusiastic I'm afraid, I've never liked motorbikes, not enough wheels you see, it's just not right!
:auto-sportbike:

1wd = far less to go wrong:thumbup:

Odd thing is, I'm genuinely not interested in bikes. Not remotely. You could rock up on a Yamazuki Thunderpants, or even an Itchifanni 500 and I'd have to find excuses to go and count my pencil collection.

Riding on one is a different thing. I like the Tiger because it's comfortable and everything from the gear shifter to the indicator switch is in the perfect place for me. That's it.

'Interest' in bikes grows with their use, at least it did for me. My first one was just a cheap to run, 250cc commuting alternative to the 8mpg XJ12 I had at the time. The bug bit very quickly and my second bike was a 1300cc, six cylinder, shaft driven monster. Never looked back since :shock:, that was some 35yrs and over 20 bikes ago.

Maybe, but there's nothing about motorbikes per se that I find interesting. Belt drive, custom paint, laser inlet valves, chrome handlebars, turbo mirrors.. To me they're a bit like my other hobby. Rifles are just tools. That's why nearly all of mine are stainless and synthetic. I never had one that shot better for the wood having beautiful grain.

Now Landcruisers .. Ahh don't get me started.

Can't say looks ever mattered much to me either. In my youth it was the quest for more power/speed and agility. When a new sports bike came out that was a marked step forward in said criteria I had to have one. Wasn't really bothered what made it quicker, what it was made from or how it looked. The choice was purely performance based. Nowadays I still like the performance but demand (need!) some semblance of comfort. Hence my current road bike. Certainly not the best looking bike out there, even considered ugly by some, nor is it particularly exotic on the materials front. Much as the Tiger fits you, the ZZR fits me, I find it very comfortable for a bike of it's genre. Couple that with exceptional agility for it's size, blistering straight line performance and mile eating ability, it's the best allround road bike I've had in years.

No pics yet but who wants to see Stockport
Wow I miss motorways all of a sudden but hopefully after test next week that should no longer be a barrier
Bike is fantastic. Super smooth and tonnes of low down torque. Doesn’t need revving to get it to go. Even with all the kit strapped on. I’d think for a slimmer chap with no luggage it would be ridiculous
Loch Lomond today.

Beautiful part of Scotland that. The campsite at Milarochy Bay on the East shore is where I base the caravan for fishing holidays. Had 2 weeks there in June. Normally have 2 weeks in October and would've been there now but unfortunately, due to a family bereavement, decided to cancel. Had some great weekends on the bike there too.

Back