Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Scotland on a Motorbike

Just had 3 days up there last bank holiday, camping at Loch Lomond. The weather was great, especially on the Sunday for the run up to the Kyle of Localsh and the roads north of Fort William were practically deserted! Apparently the weather down here on the Saturday was shite! I'll be going up again, as usual, in October in the LC and had some really nice weather on past visits in October so it can happen. Only down side is the shorter daylight hours by then. Will hopefully get a couple more day trips on the bike before the years end.

This post got me reminiscing about several holidays I've had in the Highlands (mainly). What a fabulous part of the world. If I had a bucket list it would be to ride around it for a few months on a BMW GS Adventurer.

I was up that way for a week in the middle of August and it was brilliant weather - the hottest I've known it to be in the 20+ years I've been a regular visitor to the Highlands.

We were swimming in Loch Morlich with loads of others - as if we were in the Med. Normally a sane person would need a wetsuit at least!! Went over to the Skye for a day trip and had a wonderful time too - though the bloody midges are bad on the West coast!!

P.S. The roads always seem deserted to me - perhaps it's doing a daily M25/M4 commute that makes it seem so?

I was up in the Trossachs fishing for 2 weeks in july and the weather was pretty good. The water in Loch Chon and the shallows in Loch Lomond felt quite tepid.

Well at the start of this long delayed trip. In Edinburgh enjoying a cold beer...

Screenshot_20170625-163335.png

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Yup, it purred all the way up the A1

You have found a great bar, had a few jars in there before
Your route looks perfect too,

Looks like almost exactly the route we did last year, but not getting off the beaten track much. Should be a great trip. Hope the weather is good to you.

Back