Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Scuttle panel grot removal

AdventureWagon

Supporter
Country Flag
australia
Hi guys, I have quite a lot of tree debris trapped under my scuttle panel. What do you reckon the easiest way to clean this out is - is it safe to just run a hose under there to flush it out or is it best to remove it - looks like the wipers have to come off for this though. I did try hooking it out with a tool or a finger but it is too far in for that. I did put an arrow on the first pic to show where I mean.

Attachments

• grot.PNG
    grot.PNG
    643.1 KB · Views: 50
  • grot2.PNG
    grot2.PNG
    709.7 KB · Views: 42
Hi guys, I have quite a lot of tree debris trapped under my scuttle panel. What do you reckon the easiest way to clean this out is - is it safe to just run a hose under there to flush it out or is it best to remove it - looks like the wipers have to come off for this though. I did try hooking it out with a tool or a finger but it is too far in for that. I did put an arrow on the first pic to show where I mean.
Can you blow them out with an air compressor through the top vents?

@Mick W Don't have an air compressor but maybe I can improvise something and use my wife's hoover attached to a piece of small flexible pipe to clean it out - under the pretence of cleaning the interior of course

Don't damage your Mrs's hoover now mate!:eusa-naughty::laughing-rolling:

Haha well she wanted the Miele wankomatic 9000 because it'll last forever blah blah blah. So I'm just putting that to the test.

But yes I'd be in deep trouble if caught so better do it on a flex day.

Just done this job on mine - easiest is to remove the scuttle panel - just a few screws after the wiper arms are removed. All done in less than 1/2 hour and you can make sure that the drains are totally clear. :thumbup:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Thanks guys some great ideas will look and see if I can easily remove it but if not I'll Hoover it out, change the dustbag, and if all else fails blame my son.

Back