Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Seat Belt Chime

243foxy

Country Flag
great_britain
Hi all, just purchased my 1st Landcruiser 150. Just upgraded from a Hilux. Can anyone help me turn off the seatbelt chime? I did this on the Hilux for when i am out shooting.

many thanks

Paul

How did you do the Hilux pray tell? I have the same issue. Opening all those estate gates bing bing bing. I plug my seat belt in around the back of the seat. But it's a nuisance.

Don't forget to pop along to the lounge and make an introduction.

Hilux was easy, ignition on while holding odo button in, wait 10 secs then plug in seatbelt, odo changes to b-on, press odo button to change to b-off. Ignition off and all done as i recall
regards

Paul.

Sweet!

I'm guessing you favour the .243 then... Just the job for a naughty Charlie.

Tried it; didn't work. Might have to Gurgle it. Could just be a question of sequence.

.243 good but never had a runner with 220gr .300 Win Mag either. :openmouth:
58gr nice in the .243 too. Very flat.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Yeah i recently did my Hilux again using above method, after a battery change or dealer service put the annoying binging back again.
Think you start with ignition off, holding down I do turn the key to ign on (not starting engine) then as above.
I also disabled the dinging then door open and engine on. Had to disconnect a wire from ignition barrel for that. Google it, I forget which wire etc
No idea about 150tho

Here you are Chris, I used this
Seems a popular mod for us shooters :laughing:

All sorted Andy. Just needed longer than 10 seconds. Mind you I did get another display up when I tried a different sequence. No idea what it was. I got a 9 came up. As I cycled it went up to about 24 then back round 1,2,3 etc so I set it back on 9. Could have been turbo boost, window winder speed, horn volume, not a clue.

No no don’t Touch that 9 - that’s the ejector seat

Tooooo laaaaaaatttttteeeeeee Wheeeeeee!!

Ah. Is that what that beeping is?

I posted a question about it a while back and some people suggested it might be my radio doing some weird bleeping, for some reason best known to itself.

Whenever I turn off the ignition, my truck goes 'Beep! Beep! Beep!...' and I wondered whether it was a kind of timer to warn me to get out before the alarm was activated [a bit like the countdown beeps you get when you set the burglar alarm in a house to give you time to get outside]

But seatbelt warning makes sense, given that I'd be removing my seatbelt after switching off the engine. I'd never have made that connection though. I shall have to investigate this further. Mine's a 90 Series though. Does that have the same seatbelt alarm?

Now, if someone could tell me why the truck also sometimes starts beeping while I'm lying underneath it wrestling with rusty bolts, I could solve two mysteries for the price of one!

Has your 90 got a factory sunroof ? My 78 has one, and bleeps/chimes to let me know its open, when I open the door to get out. It also bleeps/chimes to remind of keys in ignition with door open to get out. Different series of course, and may be totally irrelevant.

I have got the factory sun roof. But this bleeping happens when it's closed. So can't be that.

BTW: I just realised, before, how daft my previous post was. Why would the car sound a seatbelt warming after the engine was turned off? Its obviously nothing to do with that either.

[I'm blaming everything stupid I've said over these past couple of days on heatstroke, brought on by this unseasonably hot weather]

Stuzbot is your Colorado an import by any chance? I ask because my brother-in -law had an import and his beeped every time the ignition was turned off and the keys where left in. It even beeped when he first got in and put the key into the ignition before he started it up.

Well, it's a Colorado. So doesn't that mean, by definition, it's not an import? I thought the UK was the only market where it was called Colorado and it was Prado everywhere else?

Trying to remember for sure. But I'm pretty certain mine bleeps after I've taken the key out of the ignition. And it definitely doesn't bleep when I put the key in, before starting.

Looks like Toyota experimented with different mystery noises for different markets.

Just looked at your post with the pictures and yours is almost deffo a uk spec model same colour as mine as well. Just thinking out loud.
If your radio is a SONY unit that will beep when the IGN is turned off to remind you to take the faceplate off before you leave the truck. Their idea of an anti theft thing, then they went and sold spare faceplates for them so..........

Back