Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Seat belt rear right - something than can be done in the garage?

Slepetau

Country Flag
norway
Hi.

2009 model. The right rear (rr for short) seat belt is stuck, cannot pull it out less than a feet before it stuck. All the other seat belts are working properly.

It need to be replaced, but can I replace it myself? I ask because there seems to be an airbag in the column where the seat belt is fastened to, and I don't want to spoil the air bag.

I had this trouble all the time with my 90 series cruiser because it doesn't matter how many times you tell females to pull the seat belt out to full length before using it to secure a child seat they are incapable of comprehending .

Not wanting to set off air bags while removing all my seat belts i disconnected the battery and switched headlights to the on position letting them drain any residue power for half hour before just unplugging electrical connections and unbolting at the lowest point .

Once removed you can let it retract a little so it free's up , pull it out full length and peg it that way while you put it back in again and it should work fine afterwards .

Back