Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Seatbelt light flashing

Stoddart2000

Country Flag
uk
Hello I am just wondering if anyone has come across this before.
Seatbelt light on dash keeps flashing even when all seatbelts are connected.
I have seen a YouTube video on another car make where they split the drivers side latch open and managed to fix a little switch in there that solved the problem.
Has anyone had similar issue on the 100 series before.

Cheers

Alex

Have a problem with drivers seat belt light being on when truck is started but it does go out when seat belt is plugged in also if i got to stock up with food and load up front seat with bags the seat belt warning light comes on on the dash so got to ask have you got anything slightly heavy on the passenger seat or a household pet in the shape of a dog that likes to ride shotgun

Hello, thank you for reply. I should have mentioned that above passenger seat is empty and nothing on seat.

Worth spraying a little contact cleaner in the clips before pulling things to bits maybe.

Sounds like a plan with the contact cleaner, i am currently away with work and the wife has the car at home.
So i will have to try persuade her to give it a try or wait till I'm back to look into it more.
Thank you for advice.

For the passenger seat, the problem can be with the seat occupancy detector switch. I.e. that it looks like the seat is occupied when it is not. It's been mentioned and described in some thread somewhere, maybe on mud.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Hello just for an update on this, I have been dousing the drivers side in contact cleaner and have actually got it working intermittently at the moment, seems to work ever 3 or so try’s but needs treating like a post menopause lady.
I’m hoping if I keep it well lubricated it may improve further.

Back