Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Securing jerry cans

MisterCruiser

Country Flag
ireland
I'm going to make a couple of jerry can holders, basically going to copy the design of the metal holder ones you see for sale, but I'm just wondering what's the best or handiest method of securing the holder to the floor or side in the rear of my commercial LC. I don't particularly wish to drill bolt holes in the floor of my cruiser. I suppose I could line the floor with a piece of ply wood and screw the holder to that. Or similar idea with ply at the sides.

Just wondering what other members have done, I don't want to line the entire rear with ply, I just literally want a tidy unobtrusive way of mounting the holder securely. I'd even use a bungee cord if I had adequate luggage tie downs, I have the standard 4 at each corner, too far away from each other to use bungees, as the holders can then be removed when not needed easily giving me back the total load space.

Please free to share your methods :)

If you lift up the floor lining you'll probably (possibly) find a load of unused captive nuts that might be used in other spec's of your model, or in the LHD version. I have used a load of these to secure various things to the floor.

Out of interest why don't you want to drill through the floor? This would be the easiest way to ensure the hole are in the correct place for the holders.

Back