Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Securing the Load

TheValk

Garage
Country Flag
australia
I have just bought a HZJ105R (diesel/non turbo) and want to fit out the rear with drawers (homemade)/fridge slide etc.
How are you securing your extras to the floor?
Do you use the existing bolt holes with a plywood floor etc?
Great site- many thanks.

Hi TV, and Welcome, pop over to the introduce yourself section and tell us a little bit about you and your truck. There's a few build threads on here and plenty of guys with friendly help and advice for people like you if you're going to stay, share info and be a part of the forum. There's one or two with 105s too.

Best wishes
Richard

Hi and welcome to the forum.

There's also a few of us with the non-turbo HZJ 80 (or others) as most in the UK are turbo HDJs.

Love my 80, but the 105 may be the only truck that would tempt me away from it...

Welcome along.

Mine are bolted down using existing bolt holes, ally box section bolted to the floor then the drawer frame bolted to the box section.

As said lots of information on the forum, it's where I got the ideas for mine

20150313_121756.jpg

Thanks all. I will follow-up the intro suggestion.
Cheers to all.

Hey,

i've got a 105 diesel non-turbo which we've ripped the back seats of and expedition prepped. I mostly used the existing holes as there seemed to be loads of them in very convenient places but had to add my own too in a few places. Best to use some large washers to spread the load and some spring washers to stop the nuts rattling loose is an idea if your hitting the corrugated roads.

Would be cool to see some pics. What other mods have you got in mind?

Nick

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Thanks Nick.
Basic home-made camping set-up in the back but new bullbar/driving lights/snorkel/roof racks/awning/dual battery/fridge being fitted as my vehicle only has a towbar/side steps fitted. We travel the outback, plus live in the country so mods are all pretty much essential. Just swapped Maggiolina (roof tent) from old vehicle. Will install UHF later. I am "less is more" traveller (might have something to do with us no longer working bringing in $) and so lifts etc. not so important for travels.
That overland trip of yours sounds just brilliant. Cheers.

Back