Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Seized Motor replacement

SteveD

Hi All,

So, Yes the perforated metal sleeve that your oil filter slides over is important!!

Fortunately a professional mechanic did the oil change so its on him and his insurance. A shame it seized only 30Km after the injectors where replaced too!

I’ve opted for a payout and I’m now up to the point of looking for a motor and in doing so looking at getting a written off car from the auctions.

Mines a 2007 GXL. So the questions to those in the know: as long as it before the face lift, does it matter what model or year I get? i.e. GX, Sahara, etc. is a motor a motor on these and they are all the same?
Any tips on getting it in and out?

Hi All,

So, Yes the perforated metal sleeve that your oil filter slides over is important!!

Fortunately a professional mechanic did the oil change so its on him and his insurance. A shame it seized only 30Km after the injectors where replaced too!

I’ve opted for a payout and I’m now up to the point of looking for a motor and in doing so looking at getting a written off car from the auctions.

Mines a 2007 GXL. So the questions to those in the know: as long as it before the face lift, does it matter what model or year I get? i.e. GX, Sahara, etc. is a motor a motor on these and they are all the same?
Any tips on getting it in and out?

can a 79 series bolt in with limited mods?
looking at: https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/car...-1vd-ftv-turbo-diesel-engine-parts/1149735069

Back