Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Self locking query

bones

My 120 locks itself if I am loading stuff into the back and side doors and have not got in and out within 30 sec or so. The bloody horn alarm starts beeping and scares the hell out of me unless you pretty much have the key in hand. It is fine if the front doors are open it doesn't miss behave. Any ideas if I can stop this problem?

Yep same for me. I don't know of a fix, but I either open a passenger door or press the alarm off button near the central mirror.

Think that's correct. I think its a Thatcham requirement that the vehicle either self locks or self arms if the driver's door hasn't been opened within a period of time after keying the fob. I think its meant to protect you, in case you accidentally thumb the open button whilst wandering off or whatever. My 2015 Hilux does something similar.

It is a pain and looks like you guys have had similar problems. Karl do you mean push the door switches to see if they are sticking or that the light is going on and off with the switches?

Yep check the switch works, and the light goes on and off when you push the switch in.

If the back door one is broken, I think it can lead to the self locking. What happens is you unlock the car, open the back door. Because the switch doesnt work, the car doesnt realise you've opened the back door, and thinks you just unlocked the car and forgot to bother, so it locks again. Thats what happened on mine anyway!

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
A bit off Topic, But our Skoda does exactly the same thing, But the most useful feature is that it thinks you have left a Dog in the car and for some reason Auto Winds the Front windows down 6".... Baffles me and never got to the bottom of it :confusion-shrug:

Not had the exact same problem as Bones, but as Dave says with door not being opened in a certain time.
I have on odd occasion had it re lock after opening and quickly grabbing something off the seat, with the door only open for a few secs.
Just recently, I have had the rear loader open for long periods of time, so switched off the light in that area with no relocking or alarms happening, would that by possible chance have anything to do with it ?

Would it lock if the drivers window was open ? seems little point in that if it does .

To add further to my post 10, about 3 minutes after locking it with a window open, the alarm and siren squeal like little piggies..... Don't ask !

3022 Dictionary definitions

"Upgrade"

Verb

pre-apocalyptic description for taking something that works and adding , altering or modifying it until it no longer functions in a useful manner .

I'll have a look at the switches on the rear doors and the rear door and see how it goes. Thanks guys..

I don't usually have the interior light switched on auto with the door open it is usually off. I tried all the door switches , holding them in and the interior light goes off after about 10 seconds on all 5 doors.

.... And does the light come on reliably (every time, just try 1000 or so) when the you open the back door?

The whole auto locking thing only happens if you are using the remote fob. If you unlock the car with the key directly, it won't autolock on no activity.

Check the door switches for the courtesy lights
This.

I have this issue, and realised it was the door switch. I open it and wiggle it a bit until I see the door open light on the dash, hold it a second or two, then just leave it. Doing that stops the car auto locking.

Of course I have a door switch to go on the car, but I’ve not found the time to do the 5 minute job!

Back