Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Selling my Colorado GX TD

Doodle

Garage
With the arrival of the 100 earlier this year, it's time for the Collie to move on to pastures new.

Toyota Landcruiser Colorado GX 3.0TD LWB, 1997 on a 'P' plate. 147k
5sp manual gearbox

Usual GX spec - High-low transfer box, centre and rear diff locks.
3rd row seating
Electric windows
Electric heated mirrors
Aircon
Rear heater
Twin batteries
MoT to Sep 2014, Tax expires end Jan 2014.

This vehicle has 2 previous owners and comes with a comprehensively documented history, all the way back to the original purchase documents and including receipts for remote batteries and bulbs. The first owner purchased the car new from Essex Park Toyota, Wickford on the 26[SUP]th[/SUP] Jan 1997. The 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] owner acquired the vehicle on 21[SUP]st[/SUP] July 2006 from a dealer in Huntingdon, with 66k on the clock. I purchased the vehicle in standard form from a dealer in St Neots on the 3[SUP]rd[/SUP] August 2012, with 136k on the clock. Since then have equipped it with the following brand new parts:

Complete set of General Grabber AT2 tyres (including a 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] spare wheel)
Ironman springs and shocks all round
Extended ARB links
ASFIR skid plates
Safari snorkel
Front and rear steel expedition bumpers
Strong recovery points front and rear
Rock sliders (5mm box section, very sturdy).
Stainless steel exhaust
K-PO K500 CB radio w/ Sirio antenna
Reversing camera
Waterproof seat covers for front seats

The front bumper has integrated fog lights, there is also provision for mounting a pair of spotlights. These are fully wired using Carling switches and a proper 4 way relay box.

The complete maintenance history is simply far too extensive to list here, but in summary the vehicle was serviced at Essex Park for the first 6 years (44k), independent garages thereafter. The cambelt was most recently changed in July 2009 at 108k. The last service (major) was done in Feb 2013 at 142k, the next service is a simple oil change.

There is a very small scab on nearside front corner of bonnet. This was present when I purchased the vehicle and has not worsened since.
A Kenwood double DIN head unit is currently fitted, with DVD player, Bluetooth and iPod/USB connection. Some of the buttons are a bit intermittent, hence it is mentioned here rather than being featured above.

I'll get some pics over the weekend, when it's not dark!

Last edited:
Nice writeup Dood. Link to your garage thread for pics ;-) I can't have any more cruisers but what sort of price did you have in mind for folk that might be able to make a purchase?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Yes Gav, I agree, where the price is set will determine the level of interest, come on Drew, the price!!!

Andy

Sorry, got dragged out for Christmas shopping today. Old pics don't really do it justice, it's now destickered and gleaming but I'm hoping to get out tomorrow and get some worthy images.

Price is a difficult one, I've given it a lot of though and gone for £4k. I'm fully expecting to be told there are cheaper out there but you'll struggle to find a tidier example and with better provenance, plus there's a fair few extras on board.

I reckon that'll soon be sold for £4k looking at the work you've done since you've had it.

Sounds like its ready too tackle most peoples needs without spending any more money and winter is coming so prices are strong at the moment.

Hi where are you/LC located?

Looking forward to seeing some pictures when you can get them up.

Cheers

Richie

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Looks great Drew, I dont think its overpriced at £4K, probably bang on. Lets hope a forum member buys it. It certainly looks different to when I last saw it, smart indeed. :icon-biggrin:

Andy

Looks tidy
How did you get those alloys looking so pristine ?

Sent from my GT-P1010 using Tapatalk 2

It helped that they were in fairly good condition to start with. Gave them an intensive cleaning session with the Dodo Juice stuff I use on the AMG split rims, followed by a little polish up.

Looks great - I'm sure at that price and at this time of year, you'll get a quick sale. :thumbup:

Tidy truck tis that :icon-smile:

Splendid. To that geezer on here? :-D

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Good stuff Drew, I guess it was Ritchie? If so its good to keep good trucks within the forum.

Andy

The deal was done ;-)

Top man Drew thanks for a good deal on the truck and the Nato standard brew.

Looking forward to getting out on some lanes with it soon.

The other half has nicknamed it "The Bogey" don't know why lol

Cheers

R

Back