Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Selling my HJ60 - SOLD

dubyab

Country Flag
uk
Its a sale I know I'll regret but I'm selling my 60 to fund a couple of business ventures I've started.
Unfortunately I just don't have the time available to drive it anymore and need the cash rather than the vehicle at the moment.
I bought it from a forum member Mark, who did a huge amount of welding to get it where it is, he'd bought the car from Andy on here and went all over Europe in it.
I spent some time sorting the mechanicals and bought a turbo conversion from Andy which has given it a small but very appreciable shot of power even without increasing the fuelling.
The 4 core radiator and oil cooler handle the extra heat and it runs well, it sounds great through the stainless exhaust. The seals blew on the turbo so I've just fitted a reconditioned unit.
Its been dry stored during my ownership.
I'd prefer the 60 stays within the club so I'll hold off advertising elsewhere for a week or two but here's the blurb I'd written and some pics.
I'm after £4000.
Cheers

1989 Landcruiser HJ60 4.0 manual
200k miles
MOT till 6th December
5 previous owners
Turbo conversion including oil cooler.
Turbo recently replaced with reconditioned unit.
Stainless 2.5" exhaust
Radiator re-cored with a quality 4 row unit.
Front winch bumper
Rear towing bar and rear bumper
Electric windows and central locking
Snorkel
All suspension items have been replaced in the last few years and in good condition, lifted leaf springs, Koni front shocks and DeCarbon rear, OME steering damper.
I renewed all the fluids, filters and belts 2 years / 2K miles ago and did another oil service more recently.
33" Goodyear Wrangler MT/R tyres on 15" steels and as new 33" spare.
It needed some welding to the sills and bulkhead to get through the last 2 MOT's.
The chassis is in good condition for the age, the body varies from fair to poor condition, it isn't going to win any show'n'shine competitions and there are numerous areas of rust and holes!
Everything works except for the stereo, the rear heater is disconnected.
Heavy duty roof rack included but not currently fitted.
A decent number of spares included including a front axle, the parts to revert back to naturally aspirated if needed, a set of 16" wheels and tyres and other bits

full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg

Its a shame you got to sell, But Good luck with it... I do love a 60, My personal favourite of all the Cruisers. Iv sold stuff that iv regretted.. Try and hang on to it if you can..... all the Best

Im surprised you havn't had a bit of interest from the Club!.. Have you got it on ebay yet?....Iv got my Heart set on a 1990 750 Super Tenere... Else id be interested, The Missus is going Mental...Good luck with it Mate

Cheers Higgy, I know nothing about bikes but that one looks awesome for some retro touring or blasting down neon soaked Tokyo streets!
I'll probably advertise elsewhere at the weekend, from past experience most people looking to buy a 'classic' don't like modifications so maybe I'll have to put it back to standard...

I think I saw that on Andy’s ramp just before it sold. I hope you find a buyer soon.

Cheers Higgy, I know nothing about bikes but that one looks awesome for some retro touring or blasting down neon soaked Tokyo streets!
I'll probably advertise elsewhere at the weekend, from past experience most people looking to buy a 'classic' don't like modifications so maybe I'll have to put it back to standard...

I'd sell it as it is with original parts included.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I think I saw that on Andy’s ramp just before it sold. I hope you find a buyer soon.

That was the one that John ( Hemi) had off me Jacob, when I was running it. I sold Wills to Mark must have been 3-4 years ago.

Thanks All, its now on ebay so fingers crossed there's some interest on there. I doubt it'll be the last Landcruiser i'll own, would still be keen for a commercial 90 or 120 if I could ever find one...

Good luck mate. Just been looking at the AD on ebay.. Fair Price, It is a good looking Truck. Like i said before shame you got to Sell........ All the best with it... Someone will Snap it up im sure.... PS There are two SWB collies on ebay at the Mo!

Thanks All, its now on ebay so fingers crossed there's some interest on there. I doubt it'll be the last Landcruiser i'll own, would still be keen for a commercial 90 or 120 if I could ever find one...

Can't find it, can you send me the link ? cheers

Good luck with the sale Will, it was nice meeting you that day. Hopefully someone buys it and joins the forum.
Its a funny time to be selling niche stuff at the moment, some things which one would expect to sell take an age to move, trade in my world is only steady, the transport job is patchy, take away food wholesaling is not buoyant, I think there is a lot of uncertainty about Brexit and its repercussions.

I should try it on "Car and Classic" website. Apart from the 2 Collies I recently sold everything else has sold on that website. Its free and seems to get a good following.

If I hadn't tied up my little savings account against a home improvement loan I'd have that 60 in a heartbeat.

If you're after a commercial 90 or 120 then there are hundreds of them in Ireland. Happy to check one out for you at any stage of you're interested.

Start here. Plenty of rough ones but a few diamonds in there too.

www.donedeal.ie

Have you had any Luck Will?... Try and keep this thread alive...Wish i was in the running for it...

I've had lots of interest Higgy, one viewing, tonnes of people asking for my number who then don't call... plus the usual ridiculous offers in pidgin English!

It was great to meet you too Andy, you were on your way to Lincolm if I remember, shame I couldn't make it there this year.
I tried adding it to car and classic and they deleted the Ad so I left it, had good experience there before though.

And cheers Bob I'll keep my eyes peeled over here for now, good to see yours is still going at 330k!

If i didnt need 4 new Tyres and an Engine rebuild on the 80 id definitely have it.... Even the missus likes it... And the 120 is in for MOT on Monday... Lord knows what awaits me with that!

cheers Bob I'll keep my eyes peeled over here for now, good to see yours is still going at 330k!

Still going, solid as ever, currently mooching around Montpellier with it.. best of luck with your search

I tried adding it to car and classic and they deleted the Ad so I left it, had good experience there before though.

It might be that they don't like/ allow items that are on Ebay to be listed?? I tried the things on C+C first, as it was free, Ebay and its charges are a last resort.

Back