Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Sensitive alarm and auto lock

winterhalder

Country Flag
great_britain
It seems that the vehicle auto locks after a short period, maybe 15-30 seconds, then if I’m loading the boot the alarm is triggered and I have to disarm with the key - this is really annoying and has caught us out several times. Is this at all configurable? The alarm or the auto lock…

Sorry, mines a 2006 and doesn’t auto lock at all. What years your truck? Hopefully someone on here will have the user manual as I’d be really surprised if it wasn’t in there. The timing maybe a setting you can change via TIS, but I’ll bow down to others on here with more knowledge than me.

As per others, but mine has autolocked a few times at random after opening and shutting door, which should have cancelled it.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Didn't we have another thread on this recently? Or was that on the other board?

You can disable the auto lock with techstream but I still suspect the real issue might be a knackered courtesy light switch on the back door.

Yep, you're right Karl. Did a quick search in120 and can't find, could be the thread didn't start about that and wandered a bit, as they so often do.

For what it's worth, my LC5 does the same thing and it drives me nuts having to quickly press unlock as I'm loading the boot full of lovely stuff from B&Q.

It's also worth noting that my rear door switch is also broken (it'll sort of work if you push it at an angle), so I'd say it's more than likely the culprit for you as well @winterhalder

When I unlock the car it stays unlocked except when I only open the nearside passenger door,which relocks all the doors after about 30 seconds.It hasn't caught me out yet and I'm thinking it's a faulty door switch.Anyone know where the switch is located?
(In the summer I'm going to try to disable this function).
Cheers

Karl
Can you disable the alarm interior movement sensor with Techstream?
I lock with the key because I normally have dogs in the car then unlock with the fob button.It's not easy pushing the middle cancell button when your hands are full of stuff.
Would be nice to lock and unlock just with the fob button.
Cheers

Karl
Can you disable the alarm interior movement sensor with Techstream?
I lock with the key because I normally have dogs in the car then unlock with the fob button.It's not easy pushing the middle cancell button when your hands are full of stuff.
Would be nice to lock and unlock just with the fob button.
Cheers

If you push that funny little button in the roof console just before exiting the vehicle you can lock the doors with the plipper but without the interior movement sensors being armed.

Wish doing the same operation was as easy on our Subaru, you really have to think carefully about the sequence of ignition on/off routine to get it to work.

Yep, easy enough Judd, but as toolsplus has the dogs in there each time lc is used, he has to press the button each time, I think that's why he wants to disable it.
Pressing the button each time is OK until he forgets - as we do. Lol.

Spot on TM.
Juddian,when you get out of a car in Portugal the ground's never level,then factor in a raised LC3, 40kg German Shepherd and a mad Fox Terrier,it's gets challenging.Then I lock up with the key in the lock to not engage interior sensing,so stuff inside doesn't set off the alarm.I'll try to permanently disable the interior sensing in the summer.
Old school is usually best for me!
Cheers
IMG-20240208-WA0001.jpg
No interior sensor...

Last edited:
I'm just impressed that someone's keys haven't been trapped in the car with the autolock shinannagans. The amount of times I've just blipped it, opened only the back door to get to the drawers, then been hunting around for my keys in the morning only to eventually find them in a drawer in the back of the LC :icon-rolleyes: ... brain's getting old.

Good to know though. I'll keep a nervous eye on the light from now on.

Back