Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Series 78 Trippy Instrument Cluster Bulbs

Wally ElSakka

Country Flag
united_states
I need to get my instrument cluster bulbs (and my whole dash board bulbs) replaced. May as well upgrade to LEDs, What led size works (T5, T10, .....) And what bulb sizes are used for the dash board??

I need to get my instrument cluster bulbs (and my whole dash board bulbs) replaced. May as well upgrade to LEDs, What led size works (T5, T10, .....) And what bulb sizes are used for the dash board??

I can't help on the specifics Wally, but from my experience when I replaced all my 80 Series dash bulbs with LEDs, it's now like a bloody Christmas tree on Boxing Day (if that can mean anything to you) :lol:

They flicker and flash, on-off and are downright annoying!

The speedo and taco pod is fine with LEDs for some reason, they hold steady, but all the switch illuminations are flickering along with the heater control lighting, and I don't know what to do other than to replace them all together, with standard filament bulbs.

I've had the wiring checked out and all appears to be OK....

The choice is yours, I just thought you should know.

I can't help on the specifics Wally, but from my experience when I replaced all my 80 Series dash bulbs with LEDs, it's now like a bloody Christmas tree on Boxing Day (if that can mean anything to you) :lol:

They flicker and flash, on-off and are downright annoying!

The speedo and taco pod is fine with LEDs for some reason, they hold steady, but all the switch illuminations are flickering along with the heater control lighting, and I don't know what to do other than to replace them all together, with standard filament bulbs.

I've had the wiring checked out and all appears to be OK....

The choice is yours, I just thought you should know.

Clive, thank you very much for responding. What I know of LEDs is that they flicker when their voltage input is not stable. Maybe the flickering lights need a voltage regulator??

Clive, thank you very much for responding. What I know of LEDs is that they flicker when their voltage input is not stable. Maybe the flickering lights need a voltage regulator??

You may well be right Wally. I need to do something, it's enough to bring on a migraine attack :lol:

Back