Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Service manuals tab...?

BRE Fabrications LTD

Garage
Country Flag
uk
I just noticed the service manuals tab above. Does that mean we can upload manuals for other to download? I have a fair bit for the 80's and 70's. Would be a great resource if everyone could upload what they have, no?

Just a thought...

I spoke with Crispin about this the other day, and I think that the plan Ryan. ;)

Ive got a load of 70 series ones I will upload. :)

Do we think they should be for registered site users only?

Yes on all accounts. The idea is that it will be a list of manuals and will only be available to to registered, logged in members. When I have finished cocking up the albums I will get on to that (unless someone has something else they need fixing? ;) )

I can't see if being a free-for-all upload as I would like to keep it neat(ish) so the idea is that if you have something juicy then I can add it (with thanks and "ownership") for all to see.

There will be one for green lane, off-road and other 4x4 interest routes as well.

Sounds good Crispin.

Will we have to submit the manual first and then let the mods see if it's not a duplicate? Also will we be able to put up FSM's?

Otherwise I'm digging the new forum. Way crisper and now that I'm use to it easier to navigate around.

Good job dude:cool:

Not sure on how we'll do it. I suspect I'll give members upload access but then it falls under mod control so one of the mods can move it. Something like that. All depends on what is the simplest to set up and least work for all.

Thanks - I think it is starting to get there. :D

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Sounds better and better, every time I log onto this great forum.

I would suggest, any contribution manuals are emailed to Crispin, to sort out, and upload into the correct sub folders of "Service manual"
With a "Contribution by such a person" and a thank you.
How about a £?.00 contribution to the forum for each manual downloaded?
Then the forum could buy any non-contributed manuals, and up load the also?

Gra.

Right folks,

There are some repair and service manuals in the Service Manuals section. (Thanks Jon!)
You should all be able to view them and those who have been with us for more than 30 days and posts of over 100 can download them. I can re-look at the criteria if need be.

I set up an automatic rule which should allow people to download them. If you have any problems with seeing or downloading, please let me know.

For those of you who would like to add some, let me know and we can sort out the best way to get them on. There is a limit to the size you can upload so it has to be done behind the scenes.

As always, comments and suggestions?

Just tried to download the 120 one but got a "you do not have sufficient permissions" message. Am I doing it wrong?

Hi Leigh,

May be it is because you have just 11 posts, where the administration have decided that members with "over 100! "

So it looks like administrations restrictions are working as designed.

Gra.

Leigh,

You should be able to download that now.

I originally said 100 posts but in hind sight, it might be a bit harsh? I'll reduce it to 10.

Google can make a search index of /downloads.php. Because I was looking after decent information of EWD for a bj73, I own one of 1989, wich had the later 3B engine. The previous owner made a mess of the wiring! So I hope 70 Series FSM: Electrical wiring supplement has the informaton i need?

Dont know if I am being completely daft or something, but I cant find the 'service manuals' tab!!

Any pointers??

Andy

Sorry chaps, I disabled it until I could sort something out with how it was displayed. I'll try get to it tonight.

Hi Crispin, any joy on this? I'm looking for a FSM for a 1996 80 series 4.2L diesel.
Cheers James

I get the following error - Sorry! You have exceeded your daily allowed download amount. Have not downloaded anything yet?

I get the following error - Sorry! You have exceeded your daily allowed download amount. Have not downloaded anything yet?

It's not that you have downloaded too much - there is something really annoying with the download stuff which I cannot work out.
It works fine for me but not for anyone else. I promoted one of my test accounts to be admin as well and it also got the same error.

I'm still digging around to try see why it's doing this.

Right, apparently it is working now. Could someone try download a file and let me know if it works or not.

thanks
CP

Back