Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Service on my LC 120

garygiles1963

Hi

My LC is due a service.

Mine a little unusual as its a 2005 but is only just coming up to 60000 miles

I would appreciate advice on anything specific I should get done.

Should I be thinking about getting the Cam Chain replaced?

Can anyone recommend a garage near London to do the service or do you think Toyota Croydon does a good job.

Thanks

Gary

Where abouts in London are you? Techone in Sidcup (ask for Kevin ) do a good job. They are all ex toyota guys there. I have had enough trouble with the main dealers that I much prefer staying away.

I would change the timing belt and water pump. Just on age.

No timing chain on those. Definitely timing belt and water pump. Also look at diff fluids.

Hi

Looks like Techone is about 20min away, I'll give them ago.

Thanks for the advice

Gary

Actually ask for Derek there. And remind him about the club. He's now had a few of us from on here.

I sent an email this morning, I did happen to mention the club when asking for quote for the extras.

Thanks again

G.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Hi

Just got the quote back from Techone, its alot less than I had expected, so I'm going with them. Thanks GeekOKent for putting them my way.

G.

No need to replace the timing chain - there isn't one.

There is a timing belt, but that doesn't need to be replaced until 90,000 miles. I had mine done at 95,000 when I bought the car. There's a sticker under the bonnet saying it needs to be done again at 185,000.

When it eventually needs doing, buy a kit with the tensioners and it would also be very wise to replace the water pump too.

Hi

Had the LC serviced and MOT yesterday by Tech-One. really happy with the work and the personal service and a fare price.

MOT wise brake pads needed to replaced and a adversary on the front shock. Said it should be more than fine for another year, he really just want to give me a heads up. I'll probably try and get them replace before my next big trip.

Thanks GeekOKent for recommending TechOne, much appreciated. Will defiantly be using them in the future.

G

Back