Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Should that happen?

Higgy

Country Flag
denmark
I was pootling along today at a steady 60, when suddenly the engine seem to rev up, and I started to slow down "Erm" I thought that's odd, after coasting for a while trying to figure out whats what I noticed the green N light on the dash, looked down and the sticks in neutral.. I pulled over put it in drive and off I went. I didn't think that could happen unless I press the side button on the stick.all other gears seem to lock in but not drive.. The other thing is, is it alright to put it back in drive while coasting at 60mph if it does it again (ps I do drive with my left arm draped over the gear stick.. sometimes) . strange.

Yes, the gear stick will allow you to select N from D, and vice versa, but not R. Same thing from R to N, you do not need to actually press the button.

Sounds like you accidentally knocked it in N when cruising. Yes, you can slot it back to D at speed but I wouldn't do so with any applied throttle.

Yes, the gear stick will allow you to select N from D, and vice versa, but not R. Same thing from R to N, you do not need to actually press the button.

Sounds like you accidentally knocked it in N when cruising. Yes, you can slot it back to D at speed but I wouldn't do so with any applied throttle.
Thanks for that Beau.. its never done that before just had me thinking... Cheers

Back