Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Side indicator removal...

Gav Peter

Country Flag
england
Without smashing it into pieces, how on earth do you get it off???

I have it moving around but haven't been able to prise it out - yet!!! I am remarkable at breaking things like this...

There are little tabs either end so just stick a screw driver in one end and lever it out you big girls blouse :lol:

Now thats the way to deliver advice!!! LMAO!!! Cheers Jon :cool:

There is atleast one screw that you need to remove before you pull it out.

Paul

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Have you managed the major task yet Gav? :lol: unscrew the screw on the top of or that joins the headlight. I always hit the side light forward with the palm of my hand. Sometimes very hard as they can take some moving. Karl

Paul_Humphreys said:
There is atleast one screw that you need to remove before you pull it out.
On the side indicator? How de feck I get to that????

karl wester said:
Have you managed the major task yet Gav?
What? Getting your tyres out of the trailer?? Not yet dude :cool:

I'll get thumping & banging in the morning & then tap you up for the bits that need replacing :o :p :lol:

Jon Wildsmith said:
There are little tabs either end so just stick a screw driver in one end and lever it out you big girls blouse :lol:
Lincomb managed to break one of the clips on mine and it just fell out :lol:
Chas

I think some people are talking about side indicators, the little rectangular things in the side of the front wings, and some people are talking about the side lights? No screws involved in the side indicators, even a tree can pop them out no trouble so I don't know what Gav's worried about :lol:

Of the few things left lingering in my garage from my old 80 you picked something :thumbup:

IMG_1641.JPG

Looking at the orange side, the end with writing is the one with the bigger clip and that's the clip that I think is designed to be pushed in with a scredriver slipped in the side and then lever the unit out. I don't recall being that precise about it though having observed how easily they pop out without a screwdriver :)

Attachments

• IMG_1641.JPG
    IMG_1641.JPG
    195.6 KB · Views: 212
I don't recall seeing all those memory chips by the indicator Jon... :lol:

Yeah, wait til I have removed them Jon & then you'll see why I'm worrying - I'll probably need a new wing to go with the new indicator assembly...

Hey, armed with the new intel about using a screwdriver, what could possibly go wrong???

mushroom-cloud.jpg

Attachments

• mushroom-cloud.jpg
    mushroom-cloud.jpg
    170.5 KB · Views: 209
Well, armed with a flat 'driver, a head torch, skinfull of vin blanc, having finished the movie, its hanging off the side of the truck ready for wing drilling tomorrow...

Phew... :oops:

What could go wrong - all you have to do now is perfectly align a template on your car and drill a huge hole into the body work!! :cool:

I've told you already... :lol:

More wine in the fridge for breakfast... :shock:

What could possibly go wrong???

The Dutch courage might be needed to start the drilling :shock: Whether or not it helps with drilling in the right place, who knows :lol:

Sorry gave I was to busy laughing at the replies I didn't read properly. Usually people have probs with the sidelight not the indicator on wing. Least u sorted it mate.

Well, that was an interesting experience - my template was obviously faulty... Dutch courage indeed... :naughty:

The schnorkel is on, for now - I suspect that I may have to take it off again as I haven't been able to get to the jubilee clip that clamps the rubber to the schnorkel to wind it up nice & tight... Unless someone can suggest a trick for me to do it in situ...

Using my 20-20 hindsight, it would be better to align everything including that hose so the schnorkel before final assembly so it can be removed to tighten that clip up...

And how de feck do you get to that top nut above the indicator??? I managed the lower one (naaaah naah nah nah naaaah Matt!!! :p ) but have no answer to the top one... :oops:

Then I thought I'd run the boy up & listen to that air intake sound... :thumbup: But no, we'd run out of volts again... :sick: Battery charger installed for the night... :(

But most of all, I am so pleased that my side indicator remains intact :D

Good job
Ps - I got all the nuts on bar the one above the side closest to the drivers seat - so think we both couldn't get it! Need some small hands - smaller and daintier than mine?! I dunno where to find them!
Pps - your truck should drive at least twice as fast now. If it doesn't, you've done something wrong and you'll have to start again.. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Gav Peter said:
And how de feck do you get to that top nut above the indicator???
Its been a while but there's a hole in the inner wing with a relay or something like that you can unbolt and move out the way and then lie on the wing and shove your right arm up the hole till you bleed and you can reach it ;) :mrgreen:

Back