Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Simple awning for a 120.

Rob Cowell

Country Flag
wales
Can anyone recommend a simple awning that would be relatively simple to attach to a 120? Just needs to keep the sun off (rain a bonus) for a couple of hours at a time. Roadside picnic sort of thing.
What I'm not clear about for any awnings is how they attach to the roof. Would the factory roof bars work as a mount point, or am I looking at something extra there too?

Thanks for any advice.

Rob, you can attach pretty much anything to anything, but there aren't always factor bracket options. Yes you could attach a 'straight pull' awning to your 120 bars, it's just a question of fabrication really.

Nearly all awnings come on a backing board. This is a flat alloy plank with Tee slots in it to take hex bolts. You would need something that would clamp (I'd suggest) to the roof bars then simply face up to the plank to attach the awning. Now, the thing here is making it so that the weight of the awning doesn't twist on the quite smooth bars.

OR

You fit some simple cross bars (Thule for eg) and then mount the awning to the bars which is somewhat simpler.

some tarp & para cord off the roof rails Rob ? I tend to improvise , cut some wooden poles , maybe hazel , from what's around but maybe i've been living in the woods too long ?

Back