Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Site problem

I've seen the same a few time with Firefox , refreshing the page a couple of times usually sorts it .

karl2000, if it's the same as I get from time to time, straight away without getting the site page to look or log in, it's a white page with black print, saying -:
"ERROR you do not have official access to this site"

Thanks TM.

I'll readily admit that I'm still learning about computers, but that points to a server/website problem as far as I'm concerned. Heres why:

1. That message sounds like it comes from the website (as opposed to the browser, the users computer or networking equipment/firewall/router) - ie it is generated on the websites server computer and then sent to your browser.

2. Lots of people see it (seemingly) randomly, different computers, different phones, different tablets, different cookies, different caches, different histories, different networks, different WiFI, different internet provider, different browsers, different operating systems, different patch levels, different software versions, different screens, different, different, different. The only thing in common is the website.

Because the message is generated on the server, the problem has to be debugged on the server. Here's how I would tackle it:

1. Find the exact error message thats reported to the users

2. Find the code on the webserver that generates that exact message

3. Look at the conditions that can possibly trigger that message.

4. Work back from there to see exactly why the message is being triggered (bug in the code, problem cookies / cached data in the browser, server mis-configuration etc etc)

I'm not saying this is easy - it probably isn't. Computer problems are notoriously difficult to debug if they can't be easily reproduced.

On the other hand, I doubt the software for this site is written from scratch, so the issue may exist elsewhere and we may not be the only site with the problem.

A good comprehensive explanation there Karl, and you're still learning ?
Perhaps Admin would like to look into that ???
'kin computers !

WTF !! Someone's having a laff ! Just pressed log out and got that message flash up briefly and went.

WTF !! Someone's having a laff ! Just pressed log out and got that message flash up briefly and went.

Hmm... is that a common factor here? Does everyone who gets that message logout, and then login again? Personally I never logout!

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Pretty sure this site is using Xenforo as its software. So as I do work in IT the best I can suggest (and it's how 99% of all IT problems are solved) is next time you hit the issue Google for the exact error message and prefix the whole search string with xenforo, and see what you find. I don't think the error string you posted is quite correct, but hard to guess it.

I'm not saying this is easy - it probably isn't. Computer problems are notoriously difficult to debug if they can't be easily reproduced.

Just Google. There might be loads of possible solutions. Some will have no relevance to you. Just work your way through them. Sometimes that will generate a brand new error message you can Goggle / apply that one.

If you remember to snaphot an image of the host before you try things you might even get promoted.

Browsers and their versions or settings may cause a server to application to respond disapprovingly.

Well I'm currently in using my phone in incognito mode, app doesn't work etc. My laptop won't access now!
New phone soon as contract is due.

Screenshot_20210728-093410_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20210728-093316_Samsung Internet.jpg

That's from my phone.
It has to be a setting somewhere that's effecting multiple device's.
I'm still using incognito mode now and it's OK. Normally blocked me by now.

No difference if WiFi or mobile data.
1 device doesn't go on WiFi anyway.

Cleared cache etc.

Good luck with any official solution on this Gary.
Chas has been missing for a while again, probably locked out again.

Back