Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Site problem

This one is connected with hdmi but 10+ years ago I had it connected by "pc input" it's just a big monitor really. Of your pooter has an HDMI on it simple..if it's got pc input then your telly will have to have that

I think i understand..... Cheers Nick

As long as you've got the right plug on each end.... It's just another channel on the tv

That won't do what you think! :)

In what way? If the user modified the file, the next rpm transaction for that file will put the contents into welcome.conf.rpmnew rather than replace this file. What's likely happening is that Crispin is removing that file to get past the welcome to CentOS page, resulting in the next update replacing that file(!).

What that command will do is give you and empty file at welcome.conf and you are all set.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
it all depends on the shell you are using, tcsh echo the # as is
Code:
-> env|grep -i shell
SHELL=/bin/tcsh
-> echo #OhMyNick
#OhMyNick

Im confused and Baffled :wtf: ........... All beyond my comprehension

Kb I remember it working and my brother saying what you said but it worked so.....

Higgy, you could type that on the commodore 64 (and orobably a BBC) and it would just be like writing lines all down the page with whatever you put between the inverted commas. What these other guys are on about is where the understanding progressed to, however I can only remember that one thing from when I was about 5 years old

@fbnss technically line 30 wouldn't get used since line 20 sends it back to 10, always. No? Then you have the matter of running this program. That can't be part of the program.

Did the c64 have some weird basic

Whatever you say Kb, it worked is all i can say..I guess so, I remember my dad spending what seemed like 3 years programming some game that had pipes and never finishing it. It probably took as long to save his progress to tape as it did to program it

@fbnss technically line 30 wouldn't get used since line 20 sends it back to 10, always. No? Then you have the matter of running this program. That can't be part of the program.

Did the c64 have some weird basic

+1 As you say, 30 would never get executed, but it obviously wouldn't do any harm sitting there, just pointless. The RUN command wouldn't have a line number to kick the program off, or perhaps when it was loaded from a tape (shift run-stop was it?)....

From what I remember, Commodore Basic was quite a basic basic! :) It didn't have fancy things like local variables, named procedures etc that you found in BBC Basic. Anything fancy was done with POKE'ing into the memory map, rather than with special basic commands like you found on other machines. (Anyone remember all the sound commands on the ORIC? :))

It was good though. They were all good. Computers are boring now that they're all the same

Back