Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Site Suggestion: Land cruiser wiki?

grantw

Supporter
I think a wiki would be a far better way to organise, update and access all of our combined landcruiser knowledge which would hopefully reduce the number of times we go over the same topic (CDL discussions anyone?!) The way I see it working would be to have it broken down the same way the site is currently broken down (70, 80 series etc) but then sections/pages for each model. Each section would contain details on fixes, modifications, servicing etc. Essentially a one stop place to find everything we ever need to know about our cruisers.

For those of you not familiar with a wiki it's essentially an online Encyclopaedia (wikipedia.org is the largest one about)

After a quick search the one below would acheive what we want. They do have a lite version for free but if cost was an issue I'd be happy to stump the cash up.

https://www.vaultwiki.org/

Thoughts?

I'll have a look at installing the wiki and see what can be done with it. Might well be a good thing for many of the how-to threads that are around... :thumbup:

I'll have a look at installing the wiki and see what can be done with it. Might well be a good thing for many of the how-to threads that are around... :thumbup:

Great stuff :)

The challenge would be to get the articles converted, written etc. There might be a quick and easy way to crudely convert / add a post to the wiki but it'll always take someone with some wiki-skill to improve on format.

I'll have a play over the coming days and see what I can find.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
The challenge would be to get the articles converted, written etc. There might be a quick and easy way to crudely convert / add a post to the wiki but it'll always take someone with some wiki-skill to improve on format.

I'll have a play over the coming days and see what I can find.

It will definitely take time to get the content and to have it looking nice - well a lot of the content we can copy and paste from threads as and when we come across it. If people can figure out how to post custom smileys, upload pics etc i'm sure they can also figure out how to format in a wiki!

I am kind of surprised that I haven't seen any car forums capture all the information like this ... hopefully we'll lead the way.

Back