Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Sky box

joinerman

Garage
Our sky box is giving problems, constantly freezing, spoken to sky & all they want to do is put in a Q box & charge more a month & a new 18 month contract, as I'm now a pensioner i need to cut costs, my question is can i just buy a box off eblag & fit it myself.

No the box is matched to your card

Its up to sky to provide the gear for you to watch their service. If they are unwilling to do it at the same price then close your account.
Deals for new customers which you will be the next day are likely to be attractive.
I had the same issue with plusnet when my internet went off.
In the end the new expensive better box was sent free and i refused an extension to the contract which they agreed to.
Good luck

Yes you can get another secondhand box you just have to link the box to the card you used to be able to do it either on the new box it's self or on sky's website

It maybe worth doing a full factory reset on the existing box first.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I had similar problem. My sky box packed up completely and they said I had to buy a new one. I said I would leave so they sent a new one and engineer to fit it foc.

Is Sky worth having ?

We don't watch tv but it would be nice to turn it on at 9pm on a Saturday night and watch a film i've never seen before , you know like in the good old days when the new channel 4 kicked the BBC into the dark ages where it belongs .

I'm sick of paying for temporary internet so toying with the idea of going over to fibre and maybe adding TV but i can't even search for deals without giving them open invitation to bombard me with junk mail .

A Saturday night movie and internet that works - does anyone know of such a thing ?

Our old Sky+ box packed up and Sky said it was long since obsolete and offered. 2 new Sky Q boxes (multi room) but it was more PM until I haggled and got the upgrade for less than I had been paying for the old setup!!

Is Sky worth having ?

We don't watch tv but it would be nice to turn it on at 9pm on a Saturday night and watch a film i've never seen before , you know like in the good old days when the new channel 4 kicked the BBC into the dark ages where it belongs .

I'm sick of paying for temporary internet so toying with the idea of going over to fibre and maybe adding TV but i can't even search for deals without giving them open invitation to bombard me with junk mail .

A Saturday night movie and internet that works - does anyone know of such a thing ?

Sky is totally crap shayne.

The Internet is a joke and sky have the worst customer service I had had to deal with.

As soon as the years contract is up in August it's going.

Going to go for bt internet and Amazon fire stick and a free view box.

If you like films last night our sky box didn't even let us see if there was any films at all.

How come everyone else can haggle with them & get a better deal, i phoned Friday afternoon & didn't get anywhere so i said i would cancel my direct debit, they cut me off, an hour later i got one of those texts asking to rate the operative, customer satisfaction blah blah blah, i gave low figures, the last question asked why i gave low scores, said i'd been cut off, not heard a thing.

Cancel your direct debit, then wait for the call, then give em both barrels.

Back