Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Slovenia from north to south

Kimbo

Country Flag
czech_republic
hello everybody. I’m new to the forum and this is my first post about our troops and the adventures we get up to. So last week we got back from a truly amazing trip through Slovenia, which I now consider to be one of the unspoken gems of Europe.
We drove from the Czech Republic (our home), through Austria, and spent the next 5 days searching out off road tracks in the numerous mountain ranges and rivers in this pristine country.
Our first night we stayed at an official campsite just to ease into it, but from then on we were freedom camping, which is technically illegal in SLO, but with a landcruiser it’s possible to get far enough off the beaten track so we weren’t bothered by anybody. Nor did we bother anybody or disrespect the environment we were lucky enough to visit.
So yeah, here are some pix of our little trip in our mighty 70 series Landcruiser.

477FBA30-B0A5-40D5-858F-6BA214326253.jpeg AEADEA95-5937-48FE-A1B6-AF642BBC5689.jpeg 3A9AD681-1B19-4A67-9122-269F8AC47A1E.jpeg 41B79741-74AD-4772-97EF-07C4954E0300.jpeg

Hi Kimbo, looks great. That third photo is fantastic. :clap: I like your pull out kitchen too. I might take some inspiration from that design when I remake my setup.

This is the third or fourth time I’ve heard Slovenia to be great. Somewhere we should go (apart from the taster by air to Ljubljana this December).

Nice pics. Keep ‘em comming. :)

you don't want to be getting out on the wrong side of the bed in the morning ;)

Looks like a great trip, Look forward to seeing more pics.

G.

Ha! Very true... worth it though

Great looking photos, forest tracks like those in the photos take some beating.

More photos please and any chance of some mapped routes of the tracks, by chance? :thumbup:

Sorry for the delayed reply, busy times...

I didn’t map any routes necessarily with GPS or anything. Actually I headed to general areas and searched out tracks the old fashioned way … a paper map is a really useful item I find!
The attached images are from one area I headed to. They were wooden sign posts at the entrance to the area. In this particular place you could happily explore for a couple of weeks I reckon. Though I wouldn’t recommend that- there are far too many beautiful spots in Slovenia to spend all your time in one place!

92AB8746-8B22-4752-B860-666A49658E14.jpeg DF8C8F93-628B-4981-B3E4-406A13C7944D.jpeg

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back