Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Small Water Pipe Part number required - Someone with EPC pictures please help

denboy

Guys - (& Girls)

On the last trip over to North Africa - another LC80 had a small split in a pipe that goes from block to fuel pump, which I believe provides heat to the pump ?? (is this correct) - although the leak was spotted it was assumed to be a drip from the AC pipe (same side) - it was eventually solved at a 'service stop' somewhere in a two horse town in Morocco - the garage was actually top notch with a very good rep for resolving issues on Expo Trucks.....

As I'm off again to Morocco and the West Sahara in about 4 weeks - Morocco will be fine with the usual garages and service capability however Western Sahara is a different matter and not much is down there when it comes to the ability to get things fixed. So I though I should at least carry this little pipe as a spare (along with all the rest) - however having problems with Toyota as they cannot seem to find this pipe on their system.

It's a 1HD-FT engine...

Can anyone find the part number for me... just so I can be sure I have the correct pipe - if I have time I will swap it over with the one on the truck and carry the old as the spare...

Many thanks.

Hi Denboy

Having recently replaced my water pump, there are a couple of small coolant hoses which run across the front of the engine behind the cam cover plate. This is the no.2 turbo bypass hose. It has a metal section behind the cam cover plate, and two rubber hoses at either end to the turbo on the left and on the right hand side I think to the block.

Looking at the parts manual, there are also two small hoses to the right of the fuel pump which go to and from the block. (Water by pass hoses). You should be able to work out the parts from the two pics attached, and the parts list from toyo diy. My guess is you want both of the water by pass hoses.

Cheers

Al
no2turbowaterpipe.jpg
waterbypasshose.jpg
toyodiycooling.jpg

Ale

thanks for the info and the details.

Will place order tomorrow. Bit miffed had the replaced timing belt a few weeks back _ didn't realise the two rubber end hose units were behind the timing cover else I would have replaced those as well.

Many thanks

Back