Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Snorkeling 80.

Fair play to his missus.
Em would of been going mental when the water reached the windscreen. Trying to escape through the sunroof whilst stamping all over me..

All of a sudden the roller blind screen on my radiator makes sense !

Jeeez! I guess he soon reached the point of No return....Love the nervous Laugh from the Missus.. Incredible:thumbup: Wait for the Thread 'Water in Passenger foot well' Any Advise!

Last edited:
Pretty stupid move overall. There are kids in the car as well. Lucky for sure, but overall a very stupid move.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Nice bow wave, I had water up the windscreen once, I was shi**ing myself and thanking god for the snorkel.

Now be fair Clive I didn't need the snorkel then, just a working reverse gear.

When Chas? I said nothin’... dunno what you’re talking about mate :laughing-rolling:

Actually, I take my hat off to the guy in that video (and his missus), as Chris said, balls of steel. He kept calm, drove straight and kept the power on steady all the way through, exactly what he needed to do to get through it.

There’s plenty that would have backed off or done something stupid like trying to turn round or driving off the edge of the road.

Yes balls of steel but still mighty perilous. That engine would have been running completely under water. No bow wave cavitation effect, but totally submerged. Quite possible to have got water into something vital or or for debris to jammed itself into the belts for example. BOS yes, but luck definitely shining on him too. I'm actually really surprised that he didn't start to float at that depth.

That engine would have been running completely under water.

I remember watching a vid from Oz where before doing a deep river crossing, a tarpaulin was wrapped over the front end. It seemed like a good idea, the engine bay would still get flooded but without the force of the water on it.

Back