Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

So, music videos?

Julian T

Garage
Country Flag
south_africa
This one is one of my favorites, it stars my favorite truck, I have driven one in very similar terrain in Botswana and South Africa.
She was a ex police 2H diesel with a 5 speed gearbox and still had her police canopy and had been painted black (bloody hot to drive in the heat) with red and grey stripe highlights.
she had a plastic 200 lt diesel reserve tank in the bed behind the cab and a stainless steel 50 lt water tank under the bed between the chassis rails.
This song always brings back flashbacks, whats your song?

Good song Julian and a great thread start. I've previously thought that the forum doesn't have a music thread.

This song takes me back a couple of decades and feel back there each time I hear it ! Lol:thumbup:

For all the wrong reasons

I was about 16 and it seems like i was fighting every time i heard it in the biggest laser discotheque in Europe as they liked to call it , though it seems the latter years of the clubs history has been erased ?

2505.jpg

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
One of many
But this first springs to mind for many reasons.
One of the late Boyd Coddington’s finest being one of them.

ZZ Top, yes they are good, that car has starred in a few of their music videos.
And London Grammar, never heard of them, will have to have a listen.

Good song Julian and a great thread start. I've previously thought that the forum doesn't have a music thread.
This song takes me back a couple of decades and feel back there each time I hear it ! Lol:thumbup:

Human League, Oh my that takes me back, can almost remember the sounds of the doves and the smell of the fields of my boarding school in summer.

Oh dear oh dear. You're all wrong. Again.

Blondie yes but she does not bring back memories of hot dry heat, dust and the African bush for me :(

Staying in the same decade, ‘Rent’ has always been one of my favourites. More to do with the dark, seedy streetscapes around Euston and Kings X than the opulence of the rich or the disputed meaning of the lyrics ...

Plus it stars Margi Clarke, who played an English prostitute in my all-time favourite film, Helsinki-Napoli All Night Long, a bag-full-of-cash caper about a Finnish cabbie in West Berlin who steals a suitcase full of money from two French gangsters working for an American boss and with the help of a Russian scrap merchant manages to get away with it and stay married to his disgruntled Italian wife. This trailer is in Finnish but in the film everyone speaks English to some degree.

Blimey these are during the war songs

Of a similar era Berlin had this.

The album was actually pretty decent, and it surprisingly contained arguably two of the best guitar solos on the planet, in one track, courtesy of a guest guitarist by the name of Mr David Gilmour. Sorry, not exactly a video.

Not a video sadly, there isn't one but if you know this song then I am impressed.
I can remember listening to this one on the car radio as a kid.

And StarCruiser's first post reminded me of this one, it's long been one of my favorites.

Yep. One of the other possibles and still one of my favourites too.

TBH Rich, as a young boy I think this was the first time I ever thought......

Phrooooaaaah!!!!

I didn't know what the feeling meant at the time, but it made sense later in life.

LOL- Shayne - I remember ZZ Top triple play at the IOM Palace Lido - great days. I was even there the night the Lido ended up on Hit Man and Her - so, get drunk, mess about, go home and watch yourself on TV.

Also been in there in TT week when they reckoned there was 4,000 bikers present.

Good times.

Lido ended up on Hit Man and Her

I'm sure someone spiked my drink that night Dave all i remember was that i was drinking something called Pomain ? which were like pint and a half bottles , dancing on the hexagon tables and fighting with all the bouncers . If memory serves i was actually driving through the place in a mini dump truck working on the cinema extension that same week !

.... Im not the worlds biggest ACDC fan.. But you gotta love Brian Johnson , And iv never seen so many people in one place.. Play it loud

"One Night Only" shown on Sky Art over the break. Beegees 1997 reunion. I was not a fan until I saw this. About 2 hours long.

Back