Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

So, music videos?

Better than the other song they're more famous for I've always thought

Oh dear oh dear. You're all wrong. Again.

This was playing on BBC Radio 2 in the car tonight, had to turn up the volume, swambo just looked at me, I don't think she "gets" this song.
Oh well.

Oddly I can watch that even with the sound off. No idea why.

That one is timeless in my view. If it were released today it would be a hit. Well, around May/June would guarantee it.

I only really know this one which has an equally strong message.

Nice 40 series in the opening shots.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Still one of my faves....
I had heard Australia had a bad asbestos problem but what I heard was that it was taken to the outback and buried, I didn’t realise it was mined there.

From homeless hobo to…
Seasick Steve…

Found myself listening to this tonight, after a 12 hour shift I am ready for a good nights sleep now.

Arguably one of the greatest covers of one of the greatest tracks of all time, with a ground breaking video to go with it…pure theatre…enjoy! ;)

Great song and even i could have got European enough to get busy with her :lol:

Before the link came up I thought you meant this one Shayne…

Bit of a revisit here with a more recent live version plus a new one to me. Probably more in @Chris ’s period.

I cannot, just cannot believe this is 40 years old!!
I remember first hearing it and it blew me away. I’ve been fascinated by it ever since.

There’s even an updated version

Yes, huge Rush fan, but that TA track is pretty seminal. I wish I'd thought of posting that myself actually. As for Vanessa, she's all grown up since that time. I think she's 16 now......

Now whilst I do quite like the version in the basement, it's missing the 16ths played single stick on the hi-hat. That was originally drove the track. New drum track heavy on the bass accents, nice drumming but just too clever.

Last edited:
Yes, huge Rush fan, but that TA track is pretty seminal. I wish I'd thought of posting that myself actually. As for Vanessa, she's all grown up since that time. I think she's 16 now......

Now whilst I do quite like the version in the basement, it's missing the 16ths played single stick on the hi-hat. That was originally drove the track. New drum track heavy on the bass accents, nice drumming but just too clever.
I was wondering what the basement track was missing that wasn’t doing it for me as well. It’s not murdered it, it just wasn’t necessary to do anything with it. The original still makes me turn the radio up in the car on the rare occasion it’s played.

There’s a fun vid of Rush warming up on YT.

So this caught my attention, may have to learn Mongol lol

and while I am on foreign language music vid's

Both very different :)

And this one for cinematography, always wanted to visit wide open spaces and Mongolia seems to fit that bill.

Back