Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Some one please save me from the hell that is rear brake caliper rebuild.....

Matt Vee

Someone please tell me they know a good trick to get the godammit dust boot in the feckin groove and get the piston in and ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGH!

Patience. Cleanliness and some more patience. Yes they're tricky little blighters.

Personally, I put the boot onto the piston, but not into the groove at the lip. I then introduce the skirt of the boot into the groove in the caliper. I find it better not to slather too much grease in there. Friction can be your friend. Once the boot is roughly in the groove, I gyrate the piston slowly downwards to seat the boot into its groove. as the piston then passes through the boot it locates into the cylinder and then the neck of the boot will push up and pop into the piston groove and you're done. How it's supposed to be done I don't know but I have done many of these and that's the process I have adopted.

But don't whatever you do buy her flowers :eusa-naughty: she will get suspicious if you buy her flowers :lol:

Lol, I tried loads of things, the above and I tried pressuring it with a foot pump, which just resulted in loud bangs, in the end, three of my birds plastic crochet needles and I garnered success :) what a hateful job, gotta do it again tomorrow too, lol.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back