Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Someone please snatch up this rare bird quickly.

Would-be perfect just the wrong end of the country....

Evening all, I’m new to the forum and to the world of landcruisers coming from an imported Mitsubishi Challenger. I ended up buying this Prado and I am over the moon with it. I was just about to head down to Manchester to look at two I’d seen advertised on Auto trader when this popped close to me and so I emailed the seller on the Friday and bought it on the Sunday. Can’t say enough about the seller, very genuine guy and a pleasure to deal with. I’d been looking for a nice LC4 for a while and had seen a few up here in Scotland but all were in a terrible state underneath. I’d ideally wanted an auto but this one was just too good to pass up. It’s in amazing condition and has only done 42000 miles. The underside is by far and away in the best condition I’ve seen. There are a few areas of surface rust but other than that it’s totally solid. For the last 8 years it’s only done a couple of thousand miles and has been dry stored. The front brakes were binding badly so two new calipers went on along with discs and pads and a fresh MOT. It’s a lovely truck and a world apart from the challenger. It feels nimble and responsive and will do grand for me and the family and the dog. It’s pretty basic in terms of spec, but I suppose it’s less to go wrong. The only two problems which have emerged are a whine which I’m yet to isolate and a hunting idle when coasting in neutral. I’ve just put a new MAF sensor on so we’ll see if that sorts it. I have a two post lift in my garage, I’m certainly no mechanic but am of the school of thought that you only learn by doing so once I’ve sorted these issues out the next job is to protect the underside and I’m thinking of using Buzzweld CIO. My friend just did his hilux and he’s very pleased with the results. I hope to be quite active on the forum and Will try and get some pics up soon. It would be good to hear from others with the same engine, though I’m sure there won’t be too many out there.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back