Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Something on this site cooks my computer :(

sim303

Country Flag
uk
Hi

I've noticed that whenever I am on some pages of this site, the fan on my macbook starts going crazy (normally silent) and general performance goes down the toilet. My knees get burned and my battery life plummets, and it's generally not very relaxing :) Once I close www.landcruiserclub.net tabs, normality is restored.

I guess some javascript or something is going haywire....

sim

(MacBook Pro, MacOs Sierra, Firefox)

Its the media gallery playlist i think , i tried and failed to find a way to turn it off when i was having connection problems because it slowed my com to a halt .

Sim, have you opened Utilities and started Activity Monitor? You can see what's going on then. It might give you some clues as to what's dragging all the juice.

Are there any adverts showing? (noting your other post)

Sometimes some of Google's adverts served are less than kosher and the script slows pcs...

Send me a screenshot of the page when you notice it do it and I can log a complaint with google.

C

Are there any adverts showing? (noting your other post)

Sometimes some of Google's adverts served are less than kosher and the script slows pcs...

Send me a screenshot of the page when you notice it do it and I can log a complaint with google.

C

No problem, next time it occurs I will do that. Probably will never happen again now!

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Sim, have you opened Utilities and started Activity Monitor? You can see what's going on then. It might give you some clues as to what's dragging all the juice.

I don't think that will help - Activity Monitor shows that Firefox is burning up CPU when the problem occurs, but I don't think there's any way in ACtivity Monitor of drilling deeper to find out exactly what it is that's going on inside Firefox itself.

sim

OK so run it through Safari and see if it does the same .....

Back