Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Sound insulation

HugoW

Hi I hope someone can advise me.

I am new to Land cruisers and have a question - when I drive at say 50/60 miles per hour I have a lot of wind noise - I cannot feel the wind just hear it.
Anybody have the same problem?

What is the solution if any?

Thanks Hugo

Last edited:
Less sprouts I guess!!!

Seriously, firstly what model Cruiser are you driving at the time of this noise?

Andy

so when you say you can't feel it you mean its not from around the door, windows, sunroof (if you have one) etc. Do you have a roofrack or any other aftermarket parts? need more info and a pic of the truck.

Oh and welcome to the forum :icon-cool:

Regards
Mark

If you have access to DJ equipment or can hire a smoke machine place it in the car and soon enough you will be able to see smoke escape from door seals or window seals if there is a gap or a leak. If not then you know its not coming from the doors or windows.

Turn the radio up loud, real loud....

Thats why Warren asked if he had access to DJ equipment!

I drove a Terrano for 4-5 years and one day I had a very loud whistling at 80-120 kph that had never happened before. Turned out that the little stumpy Site Short-Wave radio antenna had been raised from about 45 degrees to close on vertical. I moved it back to its original position and no noise at all!

Just shows it doesn't take much to create a lot of noise. Bit like Andy's sprouts really, they're not very big, but boy are they noisy!

BTW Andy, I presume it's a 90 as its posted in the 90 section...:think:

Last edited:
Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back