Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

South-west Ireland

Ronanjordan

Well this is the furthest I have taken my LWB 95 off tarmac. I was delighted when the road suddenly stopped and changed to gravel/rock/grass even though it was totally unplanned and unexpected.

We decided to take a spin up a mountain road to find a nice place for lunch and stumbled across the turf/peat cutting track up to the top of the mountain, about 500 m above sea level.

great views from there on a clear day also, but I would say it would be great after bad weather, as there was evidence of landslides( never got pix of them :doh: )

Once we got to the top and parked up we took the dogs for a run and got great views of a lake a few feet below us.

Enjoy;

http://s759.photobucket.com/albums/xx23 ... 0mountain/

Nice pics, I am sure that lake looks familear. Is that on the Connor pass from Tralee to Dingle?

Always wanted to go off road in Kerry but was never sure about the legalities of this...

It was up a mountain just north of Caherdaniel/Derrynane area.
I wasn't too sure about the legality of it either :shh: ,but I imagine the top of the mountain would be common grazing kind of land, and one can always plead ignorant and be friendly and apologise.
My girlfriends parents were up there years ago they say, so I assume it must be ok.

I would like to see more lanes upened up for use by 4x4 vehicles in Ireland as there would be a few nice routes to drive.

Back