Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Spacers?

Bund

Country Flag
great_britain
Hello,

Im looking to put my wheels on spacers to fill out the rear arches and possibly the fronts too.

A couple of options, much for much? Is it likely ill need extended front nuts? I haven't taken a wheel off yet.

http://www.roughtrax4x4.com/toyota-4x4-parts/accessories/wheel-spacers.html

http://www.milneroffroad.com/toyota...lj70-accessories/lj70-wheel-spacer-30mm-set-4

thanks for any help

2017-06-25-PHOTO-00002710.jpg

You shouldn't need to change anything. The spacer bolts onto the existing studs and provides new studs for the wheels. Your old wheel nuts should fit. However, I would only a full set of 4. Putting them on the back but not the front would seriously affect the tracking geometry and handling.

The 90 series did have some anomalies with spacers. Some had very short studs. We never did explain that.

Very nice looking 70 by the way

Thanks Chris, It's that the fronts look to stick out wider than the rears a bit but probably an illusion.

It's a long way off a mint 80's series though!!!! ;) but I might get to enjoy it more.

That Cruiser was the first ever 4x4 I saw (that wasn't a Landrover) and thought Oooh, I like that, what is it?

I still don't know how I ended up with it after keeping my eye out for a low mileage - mint 80's series.

I actually end up with this that's done 192k and the inside was such a mess I didn't want to put my dogs in the boot.

It's coming up ok now but a friends been valeting it since Wednesday, seats out, carpet steamed and I've been trying to find missing bits on eBay. On the search for two rear head rests too. :)
It's a bit of fun but I was a bit shocked when it turned up.

There's a few cracking 80's out there at the moment. Some are just at frankly laughable prices but there are others that I'd certainly buy if I was in the market for another.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Using thread locking fluid will add extra safety.

If your tires in front are large you may have problems in the front and end up with a need of lift kit. Turn your tires to left and right and check if you have extra space between the tire and the inner part of the arch.

I wouldn't recommend buying either one and am surprised they're actually selling those which come across as cheap. The type you want that are best need to be hubcentric, for safety and to insure no vibrations through the steering wheel. Not sure who sells them in the UK but here's a pic of what I mean - Notice the lip.

.f?h=181b9e907865b8f4acca.jpg

They're nice. I like the lip bit, can't knock that. But the Yota nuts are self centering and I've used those spacers before and not had even a hint of an issue. The Milner ones are very well made, I've had my hands on them. But if I could get a set like those above it'd be a no brainer just because it's the right idea.

hmm, I'm not too sure about the 70 and 80 series, but the 90 trucks seem to use lug centric nuts, relying more so on the hub to centre the wheel in place. Not knocking those other spacers, I ran those straight for over 10 years and they never failed, but I did have a slight vibration at certain speeds that went away when I swapped over to the hubcentric stuff.

Over here in the states they're a lot cheaper! $200 (150 pounds) for a set of 4 quality 40mm spacers and nuts. Can always get my hands on a set and bring them back home next time I go if anyone is interested.

:)thank you I certainly could be if you're heading back to the UK any time soon? I myself am unlikely to be in the states again this year.

I might not replace the current tyres straight away now so I could outlay for the more expensive spacers.

Shame it wasn't mentioned a week ago as my parents went back then. I have some family heading there in couple months time so could send it with them.

I've noticed shipping cost in the states is astronomically high compared to the UK/Europe. I used to send under 15kg packages from the UK to US for as little as 15 pounds. Something like that going back over here is around $75-$100.

Raptor made the spacer? I've sent them a mail for a link to it.
Hi not sure if they made it, however I bought them through the uk web page, I think they are an Italian company but not sure about it. I also bougth a 2 inch lift suspension and so far all ok apart of paint peeling off from the coils and getting rust. But confortable
Cheers

Per PAIR??????
Yep vs £120 for 4 of the milner ones, id very much like to go down this less expensive route and im unlikely to be driving anywhere at 50+ in this so am i likely to go quick enough to even experience vibrations?

I've had spacers running for years - never had an issue other than with those awful cheap cast ones. The solid machined types have never caused me a problem on or off road on 37's

Back