Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Spare tire lift - how to video with measurements

LuckyStrike

Country Flag
united_states
Hello,
This maybe geared for people who off road their 100's but if you've wanted some more ground clearance under the spare tire i put together a small diy video on a way you can gain some elevation for under $20 usd. Measurements before and after are in the video as well. A rear bumper & tire carrier is out of the cards with regard to budget and I didn't want to resort to putting the spare on the roof rack or inside the cabin. Its fairly straight forward process and I'm running a full sized spare, 285/75/16 Trxus MT radial. The week after I did this, i dragged my hitch pretty hard on some rocks, and only barely touched the side lugs on the tire. It would have been alot worse if i did that without lifting the spare. From what I've read the process is fairly similar on the 80 series land cruisers and you can gain a lot more out of it, but I don't have first hand experience with it.

Your chassis is a lot cleaner than mine that being a rusty colour and i would have to remove bolts with a 12 mil gas axe so they stay where they are and your vid is something so simple but bloody brilliant

Thanks for the kind words! I got lucky and got a fairly rust free chassis, but i know your pain.

Back