Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Spare Wheel Carrier Assembly 2005 100 Series

Shay Marriott

Country Flag
great_britain
Hi,

I’ve just purchased my first Land Cruiser. 2005 4.2td. I managed to get a very good deal on some slightly used BFG KO2s and the seller agreed to swap them on for me - including the spare.

Unfortunately, the spare wheel carrier assembly was completely seized and he had to cut it off to get the spare wheel off.

So - has anyone got a spare assembly? Not worried about chain/cable, and not worried whether it’s a locking one or not, I just need it to have the correct fittings to put onto my car.

Failing that, does anyone have a reliable source of where I might find a replacement? All the ones on RoughTrax or Milners seem to be for 80 Series and Hilux’s.

I have a part number drawing but it’s a little unclear on which part is the correct one...

Any help hugely appreciated. Cheers! Shay.

EDIT: the thread title should read SPARE wheel carrier assembly - iPhone loves a bit of autocorrect... EDIT 2: sorted.

CFFF1715-D90D-477D-A808-380206B398C1.png

It should unsieze with heat. its usually the shaft at the opposite end of the driving bit which rusts solid with the main body.

Hi I have a new one but I can not see parts number on it if it is a help its £50

20180930_082858.jpg 20180930_083457.jpg

Hi I have a new one but I can not see parts number on it if it is a help its £50

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Hi,

I’ve just purchased my first Land Cruiser. 2005 4.2td. I managed to get a very good deal on some slightly used BFG KO2s and the seller agreed to swap them on for me - including the spare.

Unfortunately, the spare wheel carrier assembly was completely seized and he had to cut it off to get the spare wheel off.

So - has anyone got a spare assembly? Not worried about chain/cable, and not worried whether it’s a locking one or not, I just need it to have the correct fittings to put onto my car.

Failing that, does anyone have a reliable source of where I might find a replacement? All the ones on RoughTrax or Milners seem to be for 80 Series and Hilux’s.

I have a part number drawing but it’s a little unclear on which part is the correct one...

Any help hugely appreciated. Cheers! Shay.

EDIT: the thread title should read SPARE wheel carrier assembly - iPhone loves a bit of autocorrect... EDIT 2: sorted.

View attachment 149811
Hi Shay
The correct one is type A its the wire not the chain

Hi Shay
The correct one is type A its the wire not the chain
Does it matter? If it fits and works as intended. Never seen a chain type on a 100 tho. Is it a noise issue, maybe?

I've got a chain type on my 105 if its any help. Of course its always hard to know which bits of a 105 are based on the 100 and which bits on the 80. Whatever Toyota had lying around I guess....

Does it matter? If it fits and works as intended. Never seen a chain type on a 100 tho. Is it a noise issue, maybe?

Mines an 03 and its a chain, I didn't even know they used wire. I don't know if Tony's will fit exactly but the attachment to turn it will be needed as I'm sure the 100 one is different to the earlier ones ie. the hook type.

They came as either plain hook-drive or with a key adapter. The key is a pain to find (for some), and not quite strong enough when it's been sitting for a while.

[QUOTE="uHu, post: 1494614, member: 5802The key is a pain to find (for some), and not quite strong enough when it's been sitting for a while.[/QUOTE]

I'll second that, I couldn't believe it when I got my key type out for the first time.
'

Parts cross reference on TOYO will tell you.

The 100 series type B is 51900-60270 for the chain version and 51900-60242 (2002 to 2004) with the wire and 51900-60243 from 2005 onwards with the wire too. No experience myself but that's what TOYO is saying. Non of the cross references seem to show anything but the 100 series. But I know I'd make it fit. The cross member also seems to only fit the 100 series.

Back