Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Speedometer Cable Thread size

• Thread starter Deleted member 20448
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 20448

Looking for the thread size of the speedometer cable attachment male threads on the 5spd transmission in a '94 FZJ 70. Anyone have that data right off the top of their head? I tow my Toy and am racking up miles needlessly. Plan to make a cap for the tranny and end of the cable to protect from oil loss and dirt intrusion while towing.

For those who might like to know the sleedo cable thread size it's M22x1.5
Essentially Components at: essentracomponents.com carries caps and plugs that can be used to separate and protect both male and female threads. Plug item code# 498665 required drilling and insertion of an 8mm extension secured with epoxy. Cap, item # TSC467041A fit w/o modification and has an internal O ring.
20201119_171056.jpg

Cool man! When you are towing your cruiser, do you put the transfer case in neutral aslo?

Also it wouldn't be a bad thing to rack up the miles on the odo to make people think how incredable a cruiser is for getting such a high mileage.?

Main reason I did it was to eliminate the towed miles. Our insurance doesn't like me to put too many miles on this cream puff. I did throw the transfer case into neutral at one point but given the location of the speedo take off gear it didn't make any difference. Guess the other alternative would be to disconnect the drive shaft but that's too much work.
I did cover the leading edges with 3M's clear plastic scotchgard to protect paint. And of course I have to leave the key in the ignition with it on accessory to allow the front wheels to turn freely. Not a big deal because there aren't any computers to suck the battery dry.

Back