Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Spell Checking

Gav Peter

Country Flag
england
Astonishing that Microsoft can fit one to their software as standard - why can't these forum software packages contain one...

Just looking at a few posts from me recently & the spelling is actre... Atrico... Artrat... Not very good... :-(

It seams their is a nise frea optoin out there. Ill have a stba ta it tonite and sea how wl it woks. ;)

Guys

I'm running Internet Explorer 8 and I have a spell checker in the top bar. Don't know if this is normal but it is useful.
It's in the Google toolbar so I guess I must have got it with that.

Yup, any browser with a google tool bar will have a spell checker with it. I use Chrome or Firefox and they both have it.

in chrome you don't even need a toolbar to spell check, it just underlines when you type

Which makes you wonder why none of these forum tools seem to have it as standard...

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Mostly because they rely on the browser-based tools to do it for them - why reinvent the wheel - umm - dictionary?

Well I dunno if it is because I am a Mac user and on Firefox, but it doesn't matter what I am typing in, a forum, block, Word doc, e-bay question etc, I get spell check on everything as I thype. Oh yes, look thype - ther yuo goo!

Chris

I tried chrome, doesn't reset the unread posts graphic on here. Read a thread, come out, still shows unread :roll:

If you really want somethingthat work, then IEspell :)

Or just be like me, don't care, as I can not spell anyway as I am dyslexic.

I don't care about my spelling I already know Jessica (10) can spell better than what I can, I just thought I'd try one of these super dooper alternative browsers AGAIN seeing this thread and quickly came to the same conclusion as previous goes :lol:

Gavlad said:
Astonishing that Microsoft can fit one to their software as standard - why can't these forum software packages contain one...

Just looking at a few posts from me recently & the spelling is actre... Atrico... Artrat... Not very good... :-(

Well, it would appear that the add-in I found was for an older version of the board. Until there is something that works (without much hassle) on this version, you'll have to learn how to slep ;)

Thanks for looking Crispin, you'll all just have to continue to put up with my bad spellign :lol:

Back