Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Spraying 90 series trim

Gozza_20

Country Flag
australia
Hey all

Happily I recently bought a 90 series Prado and am starting to tinker.
I am planning on spraying the old bull bar a satin black and want to continue tinkering with the aesthetics. I have a white prado with gray trim.

I was thinking of spraying the gray plastic wheel arch flares and possibly the gray trim under the doors.
I was thinking of possibly
A) spraying both to match the cars white color
B) spray the wheel arch trim (front and back) black to match the bull bar and the door trim white to match the car
C) ALL the trim and wheel arches black for something a little different.

Does anyone have any experience with this? If so any advice or pictures?
Im happy to play around and experiment with colors so any suggestions would be appreciated.

Im wondering how a respray of the trim with a paint match looks. Is there any particular paint supplier that does a good paint match?

Thanks in advance.

Goz

Attachments

• 20201201_072548~2.jpg
    20201201_072548~2.jpg
    261.2 KB · Views: 73
Also...
Would it look unusual to dechrome the mirrors and spray them black also?

I'm not a fan of 2-tone colours so i had both my black and silver swb 90's sprayed as you suggest so they are all black . I am also of the opinion that chrome is for chopper motorbikes so my grill is black too .

Trim clips will break when your take the trim panels off so order them first .

The part numbers are on the forum somewhere ?

Personally i can't see white over black working well but noting the bullbar and assuming your aim is to make it your own by giving it a very individual look perhaps to paint the bottom half with Raptor bedliner might be an option , all white but it wouldn't have to match ?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
My Prado's body has been resprayed to a lighter red, but haven't done much with the trim which is light grey like yours. Love to do something with my bullbar too, it's alloy and a bit tarnished.

I did see a dark green matt finish on a Pajero (Shogun/Montero) yesterday and it looked really good. You just can't unsee the curvy windows and asymmetric back door trim on the Pajero though!

Screenshot_20201203-221000.png

I resprayed mine black and made all the VX chrome black too. Made my wheels and arches a much darker grey compared to the stock colour and I'm very happy with the outcome.

There's a guy that I often see around that has a white Prado with his arches and trim all gloss black and personally I'm not the biggest fan of how it looks and think a whote raptor finish would probably look better. Just my 2 cents.
IMG-20200116-WA0016.jpg
IMG-20200223-WA0007.jpg

Last edited:
I resprayed mine black and made all the VX chrome black too. Made my wheels and arches a much darker grey compared to the stock colour and I'm very happy with the outcome.

There's a guy that I often see around that has a white Prado with his arches and trim all gloss black and personally I'm not the biggest fan of how it looks and think a whote raptor finish would probably look better. Just my 2 cents. View attachment 169364View attachment 169362
a

Really Like the combo, subtle and still maintain the original 2tones coupled with the darker wheel...

:text-+1:

I always thought , even in the 1980's that 2 tone paint was a throwback retro trend kind of a nod to the 60's era meaning dated from new , so a solid colour both updates and makes the truck look bigger but Giovanni has achieved all that and a very distinctive individual looking truck :cool:

How do you do that with a white truck though :think: paint the lower half silver maybe :shifty:

Keen to have a go at this over the holidays, really improves the look of the car

i was told to use plastic primer and use graffiti paint last much longer
spray

Back